PDA

View Full Version : Attention all Leopards/Black Panthers....

Dalla157
16.01.2002, 23:14
I have been on the board for quite a long time now, and when I first arrived there was only one other leopard here, and he only visited occasionally. But now, it seems that there are more and more of us 'pardines, and it's getting hard for a territorial female like Dalla to approve of every one of you...I see a lot of people who usually play as lions playing leopard characters as well, but they really don't know much about the species. I've been studying animal behavior and anatomy for more than half my life and I get somewhat peeved when I see people playing leopards as if they were lions. Wild leopards are usually solitary, nocturnal creatures. They take down larger game that a cheetah can, and drag it up into trees to eat it. They sleep during the day and prowl about at twilight and nighttime hours. Leopards (especially females) are highly territorial and usually don't allow others of their kind in their territory, unless they are mates. Thus, Dalla’s problem.People also seem to think that Black Panthers are a totally different species than the African Leopard. Not so. Black Panthers are merely a melanized form of the African leopard...This is caused by a recessive genetic trait.So I have decided to organize the leopards of PLK into a pride-like hierarchy. There needs to be a form of protocol among the leopards here, in the interest of keeping the RP as true-to-life as possible. So I’m requesting that if you have a leopardine character, I’d appreciate it if you seek Dalla out before trouncing about on her territory (she can get grumpy if she finds you without an explanation). I am hoping to set up a “leopard pride” to organize those who choose to RP leopards here; even though wild leopards rarely organize into a group unless they are siblings. Eventually this topic will be made into a RP with the purpose of establishing this “pride.”Thanks for your time….post here to “sign up” for the “pride.” ^_~ <i></i>

Mahtiki
16.01.2002, 23:34
Hey best buddy Dalla!I must say, I've knoticed the same thing and it's kinda annoying. It's always good to do some research about the species you are roleplaying before just doing anything. Well I have a leopard char (Kinamu) and a panther (Amore). Hee hee, yes they are me I hide it well. Unless if you already knew....then that wouldn't make much sense then would it! hehe *cough* anywhoo those pointers you said about the habits and ways of the leopard actually helped me out a bit, i knew they were territorial, but not nocturnal, that helps a whole bunch! Thanks buddy and you can count me in on your whole plan. <i></i>

Gem Inque
16.01.2002, 23:40
Hello Dalla. Yes, I can share you're feelings as well. This does get rather irritating. I too have also studied, though this may not be with the wild life exactly, up on my RP characters. I know I may seem to go overboard with the white paws on my char. Inque, but this place is not to be taken literal. This is just a place where people can be creative, and that is what I did. In my RP's, Inque sleeps mainly in the day unless provoked to do otherwise. She is ighly noctuarnal and usually grumpy during the day. She also seems to have an aere of evil about her, (don't ask). She's not reall territorial in any of the RPs but that is mainly because she hasn't established a territory yet. I would like to sign up for you pride for leopards and panthers. But I'm not exactly sure what you're going fo here. Could you maybe explain what you plan on doing a little more to me please?Thank's alot,Inque *~~*Hidden by night and conceled by leaves...a whispher of wind and a laugh of
eeze...never again to be seen in the light...she thrives on the evil in the night...*~~*<i></i>

Dalla157
16.01.2002, 23:41
Shure thing! You're very welcome, 'hon. I knew about you're two chars (of course!) and it'll be good to have your support. ^_^Sure, Inque......and it's fine about you're paws. I don't mind that so much as if they were....blue, for instance. It's allright to have neutral colors...but I may be biased. Well, what I'm going for here is to establish a sense of community among the leopard population here. More a community than a "pride" per-say, but a group with a designated leader (I was thinking along the lines of an alpha, like in a wolf pack) that are aware of each other and share a communial den (Leave this up to me, I'll design the RP ) and territory. We may wander during the day but will all belong to a "pride" of leopards....like a clan. Actually, I'll call it a clan. Does that help? I'm just trying to connect the PLK 'pardine population. heehee....lots of P's....... <i>Edited by: Dalla157 at: 1/16/02 11:48:00 pm</i>

TangaLeo
16.01.2002, 23:58
I too understand what you mean ^__^ but it doesnt really bug me, well because i dont play a leapord. Well if you do get an rp then i might as well join as a leapord or panther ^__^ <i></i>

Gem Inque
16.01.2002, 23:58
Ok, yeah, I didn't really think you would mind the paws, cause I really love the way they look on her! Anyway, that's very cool about the whole clan thing. I think with you as the ring leader, it will turn out great. One more question, how are you going to determine who is leader, and lower down on the rank? Lol, I hate to be picky, but Inque would not do very well at the very bottom rank. She's got leadership qualities, and she does not like to be pushed around by anyone really, but that's just her. I'm sure you'll see all of this once you get to know her. This is a really good idea though, and I think you will take it far. Best of luck, and I'll be there to help if you need!Inque *~~*Hidden by night and conceled by leaves...a whispher of wind and a laugh of
eeze...never again to be seen in the light...she thrives on the evil in the night...*~~*<i></i>

Dalla157
17.01.2002, 00:07
I'm not sure about the leadership thing yet, except that Dalla would be Alpha.....based solely on that I've been THE leopard around here the longest. (Since the comunal territory would have been Dal's in the first place. She's stretching herself to be nice to you silly cubs) I was here first! Mwaha!I think there would be several second-in-commands. Definately a black panther leader to be Beta (second in command) and maybe one more normal leopard as another Beta. I'll think of something, but it will operate more like a wolf pack than a lion pride simply because there are alot of females and no male could ever domate Dalla. heh heh. <i></i>

x Fritti Tailchaser x
17.01.2002, 00:24
This is yanshin . . .neat idea! Lets do that . . .I think it would make the most sense. It'd be neat . . .errr I don't have much to say @.@ other than that right know. . .heh, but that I agree with it. . . <i></i>

Tylona
17.01.2002, 00:32
I know I'm half/half ya know Dalla part leopard/lion am I still for joining up with the leopards+panthers?....if not thats cool I'll under stand I'm not a meanie and I agree Dalla you must rp your character up to the fullest I would if my char wasn't half/half yet I use lion side more, though when angered I use leopard side....I wish I could change Ty into a full leopard....yet thats impossible now. <i></i>

Gem Inque
17.01.2002, 00:38
Eheheh, Inque doesn't like being called a cub. Lol, I just made Inque like ummm, last month so thats why. But I promise you that there will be millions of posts made by her. Nova Eclipse was the first char i rp-ed with and she's up to over 300 posts now. lol, and ive only been here since last december! *~~*Hidden by night and conceled by leaves...a whispher of wind and a laugh of

Mahtiki
17.01.2002, 00:40
*Bobs head to Redman and Methodman*Erf anyways! I think your idea is absalutely fabulous also! I agree that you were definitely the first leopard kind here. When I came here, there was only around two, which was a while ago. I had to make a leopardine char to add to the pop As the time went on I notcied a LOT more leopard chars come alone and some panthers also! So it's a really smart idea to organize them and make everything simple instead of scattered and difficult. And as for the ranks thing, i think you will make the right choices from experience with the RPers and how well they organize themselves and such. Heh The great Mahtiki has spoken, be excited!!I'd give you a slap right now but it looks like God beat me to it.If anyone calls the cops I will FREAK OUT!!!<i></i>

TangaLeo
17.01.2002, 00:47
i think the ranks should go with on how active the user is.... thats just me.....ok i will shut up <i></i>

Gem Inque
17.01.2002, 01:01
Lol, of course I'm gonna say that's a good idea because I'm a very active user...right Tanga? lol, but that will be up to Dalla over here. *~~*Hidden by night and conceled by leaves...a whispher of wind and a laugh of

Mahtiki
17.01.2002, 01:03
lol well of course that too, hehe. I'm sure Dalla will make the right choices The great Mahtiki has spoken, be excited!!I'd give you a slap right now but it looks like God beat me to it.If anyone calls the cops I will FREAK OUT!!!<i></i>

TangaLeo
17.01.2002, 01:41
YEah im active, nova is active, i bet you are active, Mahtiki, since you posted 1098 posts! <i></i>

Dalla157
17.01.2002, 02:00
I'm gald you guys have so much faith in me. I think we'll wait a little longer before starting the RP....I want to see who else turns up. I'm sure there are still a few more of us....I can sort out the ranks and whatnot, don't worry about that. It's just that I have FINALS next week and I'm busting my butt studying for them right now.....So I might not be so active for the next week.....but once finals are over, OH YEAH!!But they're not. Sure Ty, you can be involved, no prob. We'll allow it, even if you do have some inferior lion blood. <i></i>

Gem Inque
17.01.2002, 02:03
Lol, Dalla, always right to the point aren't you??? :P I KNOW HOW YOURE FEELIN, i have finals next week as well, but good news, three day weekend!!! yay! bad news, im gonna be studying the whole dang weekend!!" awwwwww! oh well, gosh didly darn, hehehe, ack! i hate finals!! *~~*Hidden by night and conceled by leaves...a whispher of wind and a laugh of

TangaLeo
17.01.2002, 02:45
i have finals also....yeah.....well when you do make the rp just tell me and....(singing) <i> I will be there..just to show you how much i care!!</i> LOL <i></i>

Tylona
17.01.2002, 05:21
Eeeh dont speak finals infront if me....I'm gonna be sick, flashing up everytime I turn around Yea alright thankies Dal this topic sounds intresting of course it must be put off for newcomers finals ect when Dal's ready.anywho enough with the finals <i></i>

Rassp
18.01.2002, 03:22
hey this is tanga. i got my character all ready to go. Take your time everyone with the finals! I know i am. <i></i>

OoOSecretsOoO
22.01.2002, 05:25
I'm really new here, but I am interested in joining if that is OK. My char is a black panther. In Loving Mermory,Booty & MuffyMay They Be Together In PeaceFour Feet in HeavenYour favorite chair is vacant now...No eager purrs to greet me.No softly padded paws to runEcstatically to meet me.No coaxing rubs, no plaintive cryWill say it's time for feeding.I've put away your bowl, and allThe things you won't be needing;But I will miss you little friend,For I could never measureThe happiness you
ought me,The comfort and the pleasure.And since God put you here to shareIn earthly joy and sorrow;I'm sure there'll be a place for youIn Heaven's
ight tomorrow...by Alice E. Chase Golden MemoriesThey say memories are golden, well, maybe that is true.I never wanted memories, I only wanted you.A million times I cried.If love alone could have saved you, you never would have died.In life I loved you dearly, in death I love you still.In my heart you hold a place no one else could fill.If tears could build a stairway and heartache make a lane.I'd walk the path to Heaven and
ing you back again.Our family chain is
oken, and nothing seems the same.But as God calls us back one by one, the chain will link again.<i></i>

Dalla157
24.01.2002, 21:48
Okay, I'm about ready to start the RP, I'll put it up in a different window, along with the rules and other little cultural nuances that seperate us from the lions. I figure that the lions have their own history and creation storys and what not......so we should too, right? As soon as I have 'em typed up, well start the RP! <i></i>

Tylona
25.01.2002, 00:01
Very swell said Dalla I'm ready whenever. <i></i>

xZEPHYRxOASISx
29.01.2002, 02:17
OCC:newcomer....Damalia,may you please consider me as a worthy enough leopard to join you're rp?I promise that i would not
ing anything against you or you're members..I am too territorial leopard but i wish to join you're thread..........please take this into consideration....~Oasis <i></i>

TangaLeo
29.01.2002, 02:29
eeehhhh, anyone one can join who has a leapord/panther. You dont have to beg her to accept you, Besides i bet she will say yes^_^ "Forget about the past, but dont forget about your loved ones..."-<b>Tanga</b><i></i>

xZEPHYRxOASISx
29.01.2002, 02:44
OCC:Thanks Tanga!That was kind of you to say...but i want to be part of Dalla's 'pride'....it is somewhat better asking.....seeing i knew what happened when all the panthers ran into her terrritory in the rp "on the edge"thank you but i rather let her welcome me then being ripped to shreds..lol~Oasis <i></i>

SoloTree
29.01.2002, 02:47
ok then ^_^ and sorry this is TANGAOh yeah, Dalla. Umm did you ever upload the pic from our art trade? I think you did but you never sent it to me <i>Edited by: SoloTree at: 1/29/02 2:48:35 am</i>

Dalla157
30.01.2002, 03:30
Sure Oasis! I'm especially happy to welcome anyone with such good manners and elequent speach. Tanga: did'nt I? I'll go check.....geez.....I'm so forgetful. I always forget to send them to people. ^_^** <i></i>

TangaLeo
30.01.2002, 03:43
tis ok O and thank you! *hugs* for reminding me to do an art trade ^_^ i completely forgot! Right now im readin Snowys story the shadows or shadow land something UGH i forgot the title. Seems pretty interesting "Forget about the past, but dont forget about your loved ones..."-<b>Tanga</b><i></i>

xZEPHYRxOASISx
30.01.2002, 03:43
OCC:Damalia,I have a small request.....May you please tell me when this rp is going to start.Seeing that i only have a portion of time a day to be on my pc.I'm sorry if it may take long for me to reply but please if i do start in the rp..don't forget about my being there....(seen it happen before)Just a small favour, so thank you very much!~Oasis <i></i>

Dalla157
30.01.2002, 04:06
I'll have it up in the next two days, don't worry! I'm almost finished. <i></i>

xZEPHYRxOASISx
30.01.2002, 21:24
just to tell you Damalia,I have two characters in this one name;Zephyr,a cheetah.Also is Diego's half
other.He has quite the attitude...Oasis:adolescent to adult leopard. Wanderer...in search of Damalia's lands.Very respectful to those who show somewhat respect to him....Has muscles, yet doesn't use them all the time..only for hunting or territorial purposes.okay,thank you!~Oasis <i></i>

Azizi Wolf
01.02.2002, 15:58
But what about jagures? <i></i>

TangaLeo
02.02.2002, 01:43
hmmmmm that is a very good question. "Forget about the past, but dont forget about your loved ones..."-<b>Tanga</b><i></i>

xZEPHYRxOASISx
02.02.2002, 02:11
OC:jagures?... <i></i>

Cole Raygen
02.02.2002, 02:34
hello...um, is it dalla that is the leader here? well, anyways, yeah...im Cole Raygen, i play a male panther/lion cross. he is the size of a panther, and has the black fur of the panther, he has a small amoutn of mane, which really only consits of long bangs, that from the lion side. is this panther enough for me ta join your clan thingy? oh yeah, i want to mention it now, he is very evil...mwuahahahaha <i></i>

Chibi Kiara
02.02.2002, 04:12
Wounder what Mis dalla would think "I'M A MISSION DOLL!"-Sara Brown <i></i>

Dalla157
02.02.2002, 16:36
^_^ yup, I'm da boss lady here.Jaguars can join, only they would never be found in Africa....they only live in South America.Sure, you're panther-lion can join, even if he's evil. Dalla can keep him in shape if he gets out of hand. Heck, you should meet Inque! <i></i>

Gem Inque
02.02.2002, 19:13
lmao, are you playing match maker dalla? you sneek! lol, yes, inque is veeryrry eveil, but she has changed. now she's new and improved, she's now 99% evil and 1% nice!!! WOW!! *~~*Hidden by night and conceled by leaves...a whispher of wind and a laugh of
eeze...never again to be seen in the light...she thrives on the evil in the night...*~~*Please visit and join my new board!http://pub43.ezboard.com/bvalleyofthemajestics<i></i>

Cole Raygen
02.02.2002, 19:22
Thanks! I can play evil very well! Cause in real life, I am! Hah! well, sorta anyway, Ima punky kid, lol, a bully if you must. but i have my sensitive side as well. my char is the perfect reflection of me, great sense of humor, punky/bully attitude, yet also has a sensitive side...hehehehehe Inque? wo is dat? oh, duh, her ^ lol, coolness, evil panthress. ya, maybe we can hook up sometime, you call my people, ill call your poeple, and ill make it happen....lol okay, im gonna join your leopard pride now before i get out of control....:"> ) <i></i>

Rassp
02.02.2002, 19:33
LOL u guys are soooo funny ^_^ <i></i>

xZEPHYRxOASISx
03.02.2002, 19:13
I agree totally Rassp!Maybe this rp should be called MATCHMAKERS.. Dalla you matchmaker...you!! ~Oasis <i></i>

Dalla157
04.02.2002, 18:05
^_^ Mehhehheh. Sure, I can play match-maker. I'm a jane-of-all-trades, dangit! Plaus, the match-maker should be single too, right? 'Cause Dalla is..... <i></i>

Tylona
04.02.2002, 19:06
Whats with the match-maker here? meeerf. <i></i>

Amore 000
04.02.2002, 22:27
Hmmm should I
ing Amore into this Dalla? Just curious... What is this a school for ants? How can we be expected to teach children to read if they can't even fit inside the building?My goal in life is to buy 365 pairs of underwear that way I only have to wash underwear once a year<i></i>

TangaLeo
04.02.2002, 23:17
I like basing my characters off of me. Tanga is based off my kindness ^_^ and Rassp based on my sassy attitude. Its pretty funny. In RL i would probably would say the same thing to cole ^_^ N E ways....lol "Forget about the past, but dont forget about your loved ones..."-<b>Tanga</b><i></i>

Krystle Chaos
17.07.2003, 20:44
:::::BUMP::::: please dont close or delete this topic or any other noctfeli topics, I need them for reference elsewhere... Join the best damn goth board EVER! Sympathy, by KrysyI have never met anyone that has had such a horrible life and so many terrible problems. Your story really moved me and touched my heart.Now piss off and quit bothering me. <i></i>

panya12
24.09.2003, 17:44
hello hello..............what have we herepanya walks on to the leopard and black panther territory"oops <i></i>