PDA

View Full Version : The Wallace and Gromit Movie.....

Lioness Spirit
27.05.2002, 22:50
Yes, I heard....Aardman Animations is making a Wallace and Gromit movie. I don't know very much at the moment, but I know Nick Park and Peter Lord are directing it (I think). What do you guys think??? " May The Forest Be With You "<i></i>

The Sonic God
27.05.2002, 22:54
I think they should stop at Chicken Run, that was creepy. <i>Moshayana weso bo' itumele, ngwana weso bo' itumele. Tsatsi lahao lefihlile, ithabise! Sizo nqoba!</i><i></i>

Lioness Spirit
27.05.2002, 23:04
How was it creepy(just curious)?I loved that movie myself...(Maybe that's because I'm an animal activast... :\ ) " May The Forest Be With You "<i></i>

Dobro87
28.05.2002, 00:15
I thought it was creepy too... No offence, but i dont do to well with clay animated movies... That's why i had nightmares when i watched Gumby at age 5... Never mind. "Excuse me...im in charge of security milady." Anikan Skywalker<i></i>

Bliss Da Lioness
01.06.2002, 15:04
wow I am not the only one who had gumby nightmares. Wallace scares me a tad, but gromit's alright. <i></i>

EggyNeko
01.06.2002, 20:04
*L* I thought Chicken Run was pretty cool.^^;; But I didn't see it untill it came out on video, then I rented it. I'll probably do the same with this movie.^^;; *LOL* I don't think I ever had any Gumby nightmares...o.O;; I used to be obsessed with the orange horse...thingie. Pokey, wasn't it? Eh....I was a strange child. ^_^;;;;*blinks* Ooo, an animal activast? GOOD FOR YOU!!!! I'm one too! ^_^ My whole family is like that, and I'm proud of it. <i> ~"Never trust the future, never miss the past....if you live for the shining moment, the moment may just last...."</i> <i>Edited by: EggyNeko&nbsp; at: 6/1/02 8:06:52 pm</i>

Kilindi
01.06.2002, 23:53
My 8th grade math teacher would randomly show us Wallace and Gromit episodes she had on video. I thought some of them were pretty funny, so maybe a Wallace and Gromit movie would be cool! "Ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish of the sea inform you. Which of all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this?" - Job 12:7<i></i>

JINGAxSWAZI
19.07.2002, 17:17
A Wallace And Gromit Movie would be Funny!GUMBY IS SCARY OKAY!?!?!?!I've never seen Chicken Run so.....BUT I USED TO LOVE GUMBY THEN ONE DAY I SAW AN EPISODE THAT FREAKED ME OUT AND HAD NIGHTMARES OF GUMBY KILLING ME! I WAS SCARED!....LoL anyways SHLUMBER PARTIES AND PEANUTS R COOL!~Me~NOOOOOOO BILLY!.......Johnny's alittle slow....come on Johnny, it's okay!RUUUUUUUUUN!~Alisha~......................... .................................................. .................................................. .<i></i>

The Sonic God
20.07.2002, 05:40
Gumby is the animation sin of hell...kids had awful nightmares from that crap.Chicken Run was creepy because that chicken looks somewhat like Mel Gibson...O_o ignore me. <i></i>

JINGAxSWAZI
21.07.2002, 03:07
NOOOOOOOOOO!GUMBY PUT DOWN THE AX!!!!!!.....Ahem, anyways SHLUMBER PARTIES AND PEANUTS R COOL!~Me~NOOOOOOO BILLY!.......Johnny's alittle slow....come on Johnny, it's okay!RUUUUUUUUUN!~Alisha~......................... .................................................. .................................................. .<i></i>

Droemar
21.07.2002, 18:29
O ... kay, some ppl are looking too far into things. Perhaps you don't realize and/or appreciate just how hard it is to animate with clay. I love Nick Park, and Wallace and Gromit are great. Anyone see the Wrong Trousers? How can you not like that? Chicken Run left a little to be desired, but I tink a little open-mindedness here isn't too much to ask for. You don't have to like it, but I think everyone here should respect all the hard work that went into it all. <i></i>

JINGAxSWAZI
21.07.2002, 23:10
I know I like the idea of a Wallace and Gromit movie, I saw all three episodes of Wallace and Gromit, I have them all on tape , they're okay....just Gumby....*Shudders* SHLUMBER PARTIES AND PEANUTS R COOL!~Me~NOOOOOOO!!!!GUMBY PUT DOWN THE AX!IT'S OKAY JUST CALM DOWN!~Me~NOOOOOOO BILLY!.......Johnny's alittle slow....come on Johnny, it's okay!~Alisha~..................................... .................................................. .................................................. ....................<i></i>

Tashababy
22.07.2002, 01:21
The wrong trousers is grrrreat! I love the little Pengiun...such the perfect bad guy! Image by FlamingText.com<i></i>

Bliss Da Lioness
22.07.2002, 02:01
haha I remember that penguin! haha the engineer penguin. I saw The wrong trousers at my friends house. lol she owns the movie. Look at my profile for kewl pictures, info and such<I>--Bliss</I><i></i>

NordicAurora
23.07.2002, 18:45
I have never been a big fan of W&G, so I'll have to know more before dfeciding if it is cinema worthy...but I love Chicken Run and wish I had seen that on the big screen!Animated projects always excite me, but the next crop may be poor. Sinbad and Treasure Planet have promise, but Sharkslayer and Little Nemo look odd, but not much info available about those. The future of cinema is like an image obscured by curling smoke wafting in front of the screen which slowly clears as the release date approachs. I love smoke, it is so wonderfully magical, even cigarette smoke can look mesmerising. I love digression too.- NA <i></i>

Tythorn
28.10.2005, 00:04
i like chicken run and W&G i have been waiting ages for a movie to come out but now i dont have to wait lobg *counts down the days* :D

The Sonic God
28.10.2005, 03:17
Wow, this topic is ancient... but the movie is actually out. For a long time, W&G sat at #1. I guess I was wrong about them.

Tythorn
28.10.2005, 03:21
i like the lion king better than W&G

The Sonic God
28.10.2005, 03:29
Maybe that's because why you're here and not on a Wallace and Gromit fansite. ;)

Tythorn
28.10.2005, 03:30
yeh but this is the best lion king forum i have come across in my own apinuon.

The Sonic God
28.10.2005, 03:38
Well, thank you. :) We work very hard here... well, I should give most of the credit to Kirauni. She's the one who migrated us.

Kirauni
28.10.2005, 08:39
And you were the ones to come here so thanks to you all ;)

I've not yet seen the Wallace and Gromit Movie yet. Is it worth watching ? I was not sure because I kind of liked the short movies yet a whole movie featuring W&G... I am very undecided.
Still there is a short movie with the penguins from Madagascar in it.. So maybe I'll go watch it someday ;)

Reepacheep
28.10.2005, 18:18
its great! go see it! i was a bit apprehensive as i adore the shorts, but the movie is well worth watching if youre a wallace and gromit fan - i saw is last week and thought it was brilliant :D the rabbits in the movie are adorable!

The Sonic God
29.10.2005, 01:45
Ah, yes, "Curse of the Were-Rabbit." I think for several weeks here in Minnesota it held a spot at #1. Quite fantastic.

Tythorn
30.10.2005, 01:14
cool it is popular her cause there is only a few cinamars

The Sonic God
30.10.2005, 20:58
I think you mean "cinemas."

There are lots of people who would rather wait for the DVD... but... why? A ticket is a few quid, and the DVD is 3 times that.

Reepacheep
30.10.2005, 21:53
youd be surprised - i went to a cinema a few weeks back that was charging 11 for a ticket!!!!!!! it was right in the centre of london. I was lucky that i managed to scam student discount, id have never wanted to pay full price

Tythorn
30.10.2005, 22:54
it costs about 15 in sutton coldfield

The Sonic God
03.11.2005, 08:59
You've gotta be bloody kidding me... 15 for a theatre ticket? Sounds like a ripoff to me... most movie tickets in the States are anywhere between $4 to $7.

Reepacheep
03.11.2005, 17:59
cinemas will take advantage if they are either the only form of entertainment to be found nearby, or like in central london can somehow justify the price (well, they cant rally but just the fact its in teh centre seems like a good enough excuse :rolleyes: ) the cheapest near me is 5 ($9) i think.

Cobalt
03.11.2005, 23:57
That's insane! I only raerly go to the movies these days, partily due to the price. I just cannot fathom paying that kind of money for a ticket.

The Sonic God
04.11.2005, 04:21
Well, you know what they say, it isn't the cost of the movie ticket that will empty your wallet... it's the concession stand. X_X

Tythorn
06.11.2005, 22:31
im going to go see it next weekend hopefuly i will go with my sister i have not seen W&G for agesss the last one i saw was the one with sean the sheep

Kirauni
30.11.2005, 07:01
I've heard that a fire broke out in the archive of the company that made the movie and now many of the Wallace and Gromit figures as well as "Chicken Run" are lost... Can anyone confirm this ?
I would find it very sad if this was true :(

Reepacheep
30.11.2005, 13:12
http://www.aardman.com/html/news.asp

its true :( it happened about a month ago - its so very sad :(. luckily the curse of the were rabbit props/sets were on tour at the time so they werent lost.. but still, to have 30 years worth of archiving to just go up in smoke is devastating.