PDA

View Full Version : Wondering where everyone is from (kinda a poll)

Mafriki
29.07.2001, 03:22
I wanta know so I can figure out the best times to be in here. Seeing as I am from the mighty (yeah right mighty, I wish I lived in the USA) UK I have a more than 5hour time difference with some of you guys. Namely the Americans. Just reply with your country (and for Americans if your east or west situated) and I will see what I can work out ---------------------------------I love TLK you should too!---------------------------------<i></i>

Kima Goddess
29.07.2001, 03:25
I live in America, on the east coast <i></i>

searcher710
29.07.2001, 03:36
Southeastern U.S. <i></i>

Mtani08
31.07.2001, 10:50
Northern Norway. <i></i>

Potevu
31.07.2001, 17:12
Westcoast of the USA. California actually. Gotta love it here. I have been in Europa. Germany, the UK, France and actually Norway as well. Norway is pretty nice...as long as you don't go in the winter...I have also been in Australia, but that was only for 2 months. Potevu *********************Hey, at least I am not drooling!<i></i>

Mafriki
31.07.2001, 17:28
What did you think of the UK weather?Also where did you visit? Did you just stick to being in the dreary over built South i.e. London?? ---------------------------------I love TLK you should too!---------------------------------<i></i>

Potevu
31.07.2001, 18:25
I was in London. And I was lucky with the weather. Just some rain when I arrived at Heathrow. I liked it there. The pubs, the atmosphere and most the people. Englishmen has a very great sence of humor. I met this sergeant there (I was doing research) and he thought me all these songs that they sung during WWII. Easy to sing AND you don't have to be good in singing. But I do wish I had seen more of the country side than the city. I know that England is a very beautiful country. Potevu *********************Hey, at least I am not drooling!<i></i>

Mafriki
31.07.2001, 18:31
Hehe, yeah most Englishmen do have good sense of humours. I do, but then I say something I find hilarious and some people (mainly from other countries) take it the wrong way and think I'm criticising them. Oh well ---------------------------------I love TLK you should too!---------------------------------<i></i>

Potevu
31.07.2001, 18:37
I know. I have a strange form for humor myself. It is a mix between Monty Pyton and whatever else there is. I have family basically all over the world (Germany, Belgium..Hong Kong!) So I get pretty much the idea what other people like. In other words...I am a very laid back character of a man...no one understands my humor so I shut up :PPotevu *********************Hey, at least I am not drooling!<i></i>

Mafriki
31.07.2001, 18:46
Anyone who likes Myton Python has a strange sense of humour. It's very funny tho.... so surreal and weird I bet I get a good idea of your humour. Go on try me ---------------------------------I love TLK you should too!---------------------------------<i></i>

Potevu
31.07.2001, 18:54
Okay...a guy is going on rollerblades down the sidewalk. Suddenly he started moving his arms to keep the balance. He swings around, a mad looks in his eyes, before almost flying through the air and hitting the sand. Funny or not? I laughed my ass off. Living in LA, I see this kind of thing every day. I have a friend in NY and she said that she saw a guy walking in baggy jeans. Suddenly he steps on one leg and falls, his pants on his knees. I only wish i was there to see it. If anything like that happened to be (The rollerblade thing has happened a few times. i am pretty bad) i would be laughing about it for days. Potevu "There are old lions and there are cocky lions. But I have never met a old, cocky lion"Potevu's dad's words of wisdom. <i></i>

Mtani08
31.07.2001, 19:57
You have the same humor as me Potevu! And yep! Norway IS really cold when it's winter! You are so lucky that live in California! <i></i>

Mafriki
31.07.2001, 20:22
And a little movie to that story and I would laugh for ages Potevu. Mis-haps are the funniest thing you can ever see and I luv 'em. Does your humour stretch into Sureal stuff? If I still had some of my old English books from school I would show you how strange I am. Once I had a talking goat that wore tight leathers in my story (I thought it was the funniest thing ever) The goat was based on a picture my friend drew. You'd have to see the picture to see how funny it was, sadly the picture turned into a few hundred shreds and flew across the room into the bin coz my friend got sick of it Still funny tho ---------------------------------I love TLK you should too!---------------------------------<i></i>

Mafriki
31.07.2001, 23:02
Hmm, looking back I wish I hadn't wrote the above, it scares me now that I think about it ---------------------------------I love TLK you should too!---------------------------------<i></i>

Nukta Kupaya
01.08.2001, 01:26
One of these days I have to go over to the UK to visit. I wouldn't want to live there, too cold for my blood. But here in Florida (USA), it's warm almost year-round. Have the beaches, the palm trees, and we have Disney World! Air conditioning in your car is a must, it'll get that warm. A sunroof with your windows comes in a close second, but then you get hot again at traffic lights. It is neat to wear shorts in December, one of those perks of living on the Peninsula.From all the books I've read and documentaries and of the like, UK has landscape that is quite
eathtaking. The foliage, rocks, hills, meadows... and the castles!-Nukta <i></i>

Mafriki
01.08.2001, 01:29
Go to Edinnburgh (in Scotland in case you don't know) and you can see a extinct volcano. Never seen it myself, never been to Scotland Hehe, go to the countryside and see if you can understand the accents of some of the people there. ---------------------------------I love TLK you should too!---------------------------------<i></i>

Potevu
01.08.2001, 14:09
Mtani08: I guess I am lucky. i just don't know it because I have lived here all my life. Kinda puts everything another way...But believe me, you haven't laugh until you have seen a celeb fall on rollerblades. Patricia Arquette to be correct. What a show...it makes you feel better when you see other people making an ass outta themselves. Do you rollerblade?Mafriki: I like to read. Surreal stories and so on. But for me it is now mostly sci fi and history...I blame it on the tv networks. I would love to read that story, it sounds funny. When I was in high school (it feels like it was yesterday, but compaired to a few of you it was in the Jura time...) I wrote a story of a guy who was thrown back in time and became best friend with a talking horse. Okay, it seems like a ripoff of Mr Ed and Quantum Leap but it was funny. At least that was what everyone BUT my teacher thought. I hate 3 things in life...Dentists, Car mechanics and teachers. They can say everything to you and you can't go nothing. "Your story stinks, you get a F" "The filter is
oken. I must put in a new one next week and it costs 4000 dollars" "I must drill through your front teeth..." Potevu "There are old lions and there are cocky lions. But I have never met a old, cocky lion"Potevu's dad's words of wisdom. <i></i>

Mafriki
01.08.2001, 17:33
I argue with my English teachers sometimes, they are funny. Especially the one I had last year (in my summer hols now) he inspired me to be surreal. It's his fault coz I also got him my first year of secondary school (high school incase you didn't guess). I've had a fight with Maths teachers and my sports teachers. Never got in serious trouble coz if it's going anywhere bad I just back down I love verbal fights it opens your mind, hehe ---------------------------------I love TLK you should too!---------------------------------<i></i>

Potevu
01.08.2001, 17:52
You should come to my family reunion. Or High School reunion. Or a sci fi convention. Words fly around there all the time. In my family, wigs fly as well...my uncles are...bald..I hope my Girl friend never sees it. They say that you will look like your father (if you are a guy, visa versa if you are a gal) when you are old...I am taller than my dad. And I don't look THAT much like him...I hope...Potevu -Getting worried "There are old lions and there are cocky lions. But I have never met a old, cocky lion"Potevu's dad's words of wisdom. <i></i>

Mtani08
01.08.2001, 18:28
*lol* i wish I was there to see Patricia!! Me evil?? nooooo..... Yep, I rollerblade!Mafriki: My class argues with the teatchers all the time! Ore English/Norwegian(and some other things) teatcher once ran out crying, she yelled on one, and he answered her the same way as she talked to him... <i></i>

Potevu
01.08.2001, 19:42
Long live the students! He did the right thing. But I don't envy your teacher. Not at all...I'll never be one. Trust me. Never. I rather lie in mud for a week and eat snails. Oh..that sounds familiar. It's called crazy girlfriend with expensive taste Gotta love itPotevu "There are old lions and there are cocky lions. But I have never met a old, cocky lion"Potevu's dad's words of wisdom. <i></i>

Mafriki
01.08.2001, 20:45
The one reason most teachers are teachers isn't coz they like kids or anything like that, but because there are loads of holidays for teachers, almost the same amount as for the pupils.I don't have long left at school, I could finish it all in the next 3yrs if I wanted to. ---------------------------------I love TLK you should too!---------------------------------<i></i>

Mtani08
01.08.2001, 23:03
I think he did the right thing too. Hehe, nice girlfriend you got! I haven't tasted snails, they don't sell it here, ok ok, I live in a liiittle town, I know <i></i>

Mtani08
01.08.2001, 23:06
Well, you are so right Mafriki! It's doesen't seem like the teatchers on my school like kids! Actually, it seems like they hate us, well.. not all, but many... <i></i>

Nukta Kupaya
02.08.2001, 02:11
As far as teachers... well, I think a lot of them aren't doing their jobs. One whole fourth grade around here had to go to summer school. Oo... learning..And... kids keep going back to school sooner and sooner... gak. August 7. I go back September 11. The "reason" is to have kids have half-school year in before the Christmas holiday, so they don't "worry" about school over then. Uh.. right.I haven't set paw in a regular school in... gosh.. in over 9 years. So I don't quite know how teachers act towards students and likewise. I know in first & second grades I had awesome teachers... third grade, not quite. I was a star student, tho'... -Nukta <i></i>

Potevu
02.08.2001, 10:13
Well...she likes going camping the the woods and eat at expensive resturants. Quite a nice combination *lol* As for the teachers, the only profession with more vacations I can think of is Lawyers and Actors. Too bad that non of it is their choice *lol*Potevu "There are old lions and there are cocky lions. But I have never met a old, cocky lion"Potevu's dad's words of wisdom. <i></i>

Mafriki
02.08.2001, 14:32
Teachers are
illiant actors. They pretend they like the kids until something goes wrong then all hell
eaks loose. The teacher is shouting all kind of random things about equipment disappearing and the kids are just ignoring him. ---------------------------------I love TLK you should too!---------------------------------<i></i>