PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of....??

Aquesh
22.10.2001, 22:45
What you think of a time traveling (some kind of big cat)????Cause Iwant to RP one, but I don't want anyone to think it's stupid.Cool idea.I don't careI think its stupid.Show results <i></i>

Snowy
22.10.2001, 22:58
Depends on how it's handled. Does it time travel just because, or is there some actual historical/plot relevance to that? In other words, could the character exist more or less as is without that component? If the answer is "yes," then you're probably best off dropping the whole idea. However, if you've got a truly valid reason for it, then it can be utilized, but with care. How is time travel accomplished? A time machine probably wouldn't be a good idea unless you're dealing with anthros, since they have hands/opposable thumbs with which to work controls. And magic is a touchy subject in and of itself, since too much is considered "power playing" and that's a no-no in RP etiquette.All in all, it's not impossible (though improbable in TLK's world, but, then again, I've seen everything from the dead resurrected to the undead crop up at least once within the fandom, to say nothing of some of the crazy colors and markings exhibited by some characters), but I would advise caution if you want to play up this aspect of the character.Maybe a more detailed rundown of what you had in mind would be in order so that people could better evaluate your proposal? -------------------------------------------Watch out world, Snowy's got a web page! *click click*"You know, variety is the spice of life." "That's what sequels are for."-- Snowy's older
o & Snowy, regarding the latter's obsession with TLK (shortly before SP came out)"Nature is the only truly rational force on Earth, by virtue of the fact that it is completely and utterly irrational."--Snowy"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."--Thomas Jefferson<i></i>

Aquesh
22.10.2001, 23:43
Um...well I did have a history to it and it was kind of really original. I saw a post on another board and it inspired me. I thought it would be a neat idea to try, but yeah...I suppose a TLK site wouldn't be the right place. Thanks for the insite Snowy. And PS, I love your site! Could I e-mail you later? <i></i>

Snowy
23.10.2001, 03:59
*nod* Like I said, I've seen a lot of what would be considered unTLK stuff show up at one time or another within the fandom, so a time-traveling cat wouldn't be anything more strange than some of those other things. But, depending on where you're RPing, who you're RPing with, and what you plan on doing with it, there is the potential for problem. I don't think many people would mind here, so long as you told them OOC at the beginning of any threads you start (or the first post you make to any thread you didn't start) that you were a time-traveler, and then ask if that's okay. If they don't like the idea for the purposes of their RP, then have a back-up plan (either by having a faux history on the ready so that you can eliminate the need for time travel, or by simply not making specific reference to it).Thank you Um, well, you could try. I'm painfully slow when it comes to checking and replying to email, and having to deal with fickle AOL doesn't help. If it's something that you feel comfortable posting in a forum, that's probably the best means of getting in contact with me, since I check these things at least once a day under most circumstances. -------------------------------------------Watch out world, Snowy's got a web page! *click click*"You know, variety is the spice of life." "That's what sequels are for."-- Snowy's older
o & Snowy, regarding the latter's obsession with TLK (shortly before SP came out)"Nature is the only truly rational force on Earth, by virtue of the fact that it is completely and utterly irrational."--Snowy"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."--Thomas Jefferson<i></i>

King Kana
23.10.2001, 16:51
Wouldn't it be interesting to see what happens, if......someone puts a TV into the cave of Simbas Pride, with running MTV - would they come out of that cave again (mostly the cubs will be too fascinated to leave it again. Eventually for food ) Tani and Kana:~it's our Kingdom, it makes us, what we are~<i></i>