PDA

View Full Version : AIM?

Dobro87
11.11.2001, 02:48
What is aim? i keep hearing everyone talking about it and i have no idea what in stands for! " fear is the path to the darkside, fear leads anger, anger leads to hate, hate...leads to suffering."~yodastarwars<i></i>

Whippet Angel
11.11.2001, 05:03
<b> A</b>merica online <b> I</b>nstant <b> M</b>essengerA quick way for people to chat back & forth. <i></i>

Mafriki
11.11.2001, 12:24
It's like MSN messenger or ICQ....... if you've ever heard of them either "He's not the messiah. He's a very naughty boy!" <i>- Brian's Mother - Monty Python's Life of Brian</i>"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries" <i>- French Guard - Monty Python and the Holy Grail</i>"You always talk, you Americans. You talk and you talk and say 'let me tell you something' and 'I just wanna say this'. Well, you're dead now, so shut up!" <i>- Grim Reaper - Monty Python's the Meaning of Life</i><i></i>

mrfunny
11.11.2001, 13:03
It's a very good program, except the fact that it's made by AOL....If you'd like to try it, just download a copy at www.aol.com/aim/homenew.adp <i>"Follow your Heart,Follow your Dreams,Follow them where ever they may lead.</i>"It's about individualityand being who you wanna be,not someone the crowd will see you be."- Nikki Webster in the song "Follow Your Heart"- Nikki Webster in the song "Individuality"<i></i>

Dobro87
11.11.2001, 17:18
Thanks! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~i do
o, mate of kiadi, mother of kovu, sworn enemy of mufasa and ahadi. i took sides with taka aka scar. in the end it killed me. so i beg you...dont go to the dark side.<i></i>

Nukta Kupaya
13.11.2001, 04:12
Only reason I use AIM and Yahoo! messengers is to chat with my New Bug buds. Otherwise I stick to MSN and ICQ.-Nukta <i></i>

mrfunny
13.11.2001, 16:50
ICQ sux after they changed the protocols.. Now I should be lucky if my messages go through. MSN has been down a lot... I have not had ANY problems with AIM or Yahoo yet... <i>"Follow your Heart,Follow your Dreams,Follow them where ever they may lead.</i>"It's about individualityand being who you wanna be,not someone the crowd will see you be."- Nikki Webster in the song "Follow Your Heart"- Nikki Webster in the song "Individuality"<i></i>

Mafriki
13.11.2001, 16:55
ICQ sucked since I first ever ever used it. Only started using it to talk to some friends, now I use IRC most the time.Only got AIM coz someone <i> told</i> me to and MSN just came part and parcel with my pc's OS "He's not the messiah. He's a very naughty boy!" <i>- Brian's Mother - Monty Python's Life of Brian</i>"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries" <i>- French Guard - Monty Python and the Holy Grail</i>"You always talk, you Americans. You talk and you talk and say 'let me tell you something' and 'I just wanna say this'. Well, you're dead now, so shut up!" <i>- Grim Reaper - Monty Python's the Meaning of Life</i><i></i>

mrfunny
13.11.2001, 17:08
I started hating ICQ when they added those ad's to the program. However they were removed quickly thanks to guides i found. (You really ARE able to find ANYTHING on the net )But then I scrapped the windows klient, and I've been using LICQ on linux for a while, now that stopped as well, because LICQ does not understand any protocol newer than version 6 (The one used in ICQ 99b), so most features are unusable. But what can you expect when AOL is a part of it?For MSN I don't use the windows client, I've found a program that's MUCH better for Linux, it does not support anything but text messages, and hotmail notifications, but that's all I need.And because the program I use for MSN is capable of multiple systems I use it for Yahoo, and AIM as well <i>"Follow your Heart,Follow your Dreams,Follow them where ever they may lead.</i>"It's about individualityand being who you wanna be,not someone the crowd will see you be."- Nikki Webster in the song "Follow Your Heart"- Nikki Webster in the song "Individuality"<i></i>