PDA

View Full Version : Help? Can I can convert a movie file to a sound file?

trip
19.03.2002, 00:25
I'm trying to convert the whole soundtrack of TLK2 to something that I can play in my CD player, but I've not had the greatest success Does anybody know a way I can convert it to wav or midi or mp3? Much appreciated The politics of nations got me down, geography and policy have run me out of town. Seems like worldly things have come between us now... but I've got the will, if there's a way, I'll get to you somehow...-Prozzak, Omobolashire<i></i>

The Sonic God
19.03.2002, 01:05
Maybe I can help you further...are there specific songs from TLK2 that you're looking for?Yes, you can convert movie files into audio files. If you have a video track, that video track will be deleted, leaving the audio track behind. <i>President and CEO of UGC and TLK:UN</i><i></i>

trip
19.03.2002, 03:32
What I'm trying to do is convert the whole movie file to a sound file. I just don't know how Are there any convertors that I need to run to make it into a audio file? I've been looking around for some but I haven't had any luck so far. The politics of nations got me down, geography and policy have run me out of town. Seems like worldly things have come between us now... but I've got the will, if there's a way, I'll get to you somehow...-Prozzak, Omobolashire<i></i>

mrfunny
19.03.2002, 20:07
The program you need depends on the original format. TMPGenc will work for MPEG1 and 2 and most AVI's... For AVI's VirtualDub is also an option. If you have the movie on DVD, and not in a file on the computer, you could simply record the sound into the computer, that'll take you 78 min (Including the end credits.) And require about 780 Megs (You'll need an 80 min CD to burn it as audio)So give some more details about the source format, and it's easier to help. (And it seems like TSG does not really know what software you need for other than the mac, but that's also OK as that's what he's using )Also if it's the german soundtrack you need, I might still have that as MP3 somewhere, as I made it for a friend a while ago.. But I can't seem to find it, so I MAY have deleted it again. "No matter where my life may lead,No matter where I go,The memory will still be there for me to hold.""I'm writing down the words,That's filling up my world,Your name is spinning 'round in my head"- Nikki Webster "The Best Days"- Nikki Webster "Boyt Inside My Heart"<i></i>

trip
19.03.2002, 23:21
The file is an AVI. I've heard of VirtualDub, but I don't know where to get it... or how to use it. The politics of nations got me down, geography and policy have run me out of town. Seems like worldly things have come between us now... but I've got the will, if there's a way, I'll get to you somehow...-Prozzak, Omobolashire<i></i>

trip
19.03.2002, 23:44
Uh... I went and got VirtualDub, but it won't let me load it. It seems to have a problem finding the codec. Darn. I was so close. The politics of nations got me down, geography and policy have run me out of town. Seems like worldly things have come between us now... but I've got the will, if there's a way, I'll get to you somehow...-Prozzak, Omobolashire<i></i>

mrfunny
20.03.2002, 13:35
Hmm.. Do you know, which codec the AVI is made with?Or try TMPGEnc.. www.tmpgenc.com It's able to load the AVI and save it as WAV. If you need to know how to do it, then let me know. "No matter where my life may lead,No matter where I go,The memory will still be there for me to hold.""I'm writing down the words,That's filling up my world,Your name is spinning 'round in my head"- Nikki Webster "The Best Days"- Nikki Webster "Boyt Inside My Heart"<i></i>

Simba16
21.03.2002, 20:35
VirtualDub @ www.virtualdub.org. Download the prog and start it. Normally itīs packed in a .zip file.Open the video file with File/Open. If you opened the file, click File/Save Wav... A Dialogue will open and you have to specifiy the filename for the wav. Then click save and a progress window will appear. Once the "Dub" has ended, the .avi is as it was before, and a new .wav file is created where you specified. Hope I could help you <i></i>

Simba16
21.03.2002, 20:41
The easier way would be to send me an E-Mail @ lionking-fan@web.de. Iīll open an ftp to let you get the soundtrack. Plz specify which soundtrack you want (TLK, TLK II, german, english, Elton John Versions...)The best solution would be to BUY the CD. TLK should be supported <i></i>

trip
21.03.2002, 23:29
Well, the prob that VirtualDub has is that it can't use codecs for Windows Media Player I got TMPGEnc, but that wont open it either There must be something wrong with my file, because it won't even run in Winamp... The politics of nations got me down,geography and policy have run me out of town. Seems like worldly things have come between us now... but I've got the will, if there's a way, I'll get to you somehow...-Prozzak, Omobolashire<i></i>

mrfunny
22.03.2002, 00:11
Simba16: It was the complete soundtrack as far as I can understand. Not JUST the songs!Trip: Exactly what format is the file in? ASF/WMV or AVI? There's a problem with ASF/WMV in VirtualDUB (Newer versions), if that's the case, TMPGEnc is the solution. "No matter where my life may lead,No matter where I go,The memory will still be there for me to hold.""I'm writing down the words,That's filling up my world,Your name is spinning 'round in my head"- Nikki Webster "The Best Days"- Nikki Webster "Boyt Inside My Heart"<i></i>

trip
22.03.2002, 02:00
Its a AVI file, and nothing seems to run it. VirtualDub has a problem with the codec, and TMPGEnc says it's an invalid stream The politics of nations got me down,geography and policy have run me out of town. Seems like worldly things have come between us now... but I've got the will, if there's a way, I'll get to you somehow...-Prozzak, Omobolashire<i>Edited by: trip at: 3/22/02 2:01:55 am</i>

Simba16
22.03.2002, 12:31
Maybe itīs a damaged file. Did you try to watch it in Media Player or smth.? Codec installed? <i></i>

mrfunny
22.03.2002, 12:57
Hmm.... If you split the file with some kind of file splitter in to 1MB pieces, and sends me the first one, I might be able to figure out which codec you need.Another thing you could try, is to right click on the file, click on propeties, then go to the example tab. If it shows the movie, you have the codec installed properly, and you might just do something wrong with the programs you use.If it DOES NOT show the movie it shows a message like "vids IV4", in that case, it tells you what codec you need. However the FOURCC's of the codecs are NOT (always) easy to identify, in those cases, this page is a nice one www.webartz.com/fourcc/fcccodec.htm to figure out what codec you need, you just uses the "Find on this page" function in your
owser and type in the FOURCC code you get on the propeties dialog. To take my example again, the fourcc is DIV4 and a quick search on the page, reveals that it's DivX4.But if your soundcard supports it, you could just record it with a normal audio recorder application. If your soundcard does NOT support it, you could use a program like "Total Recorder" to capture the audio stream. This method however takes quite some time, as you can only do it in real time.BTW, if VirtualDub is able to play the audio stream, then you just select "Save WAV" from the File menu... Took about 51 sec for a 1 hour and 47 min long audio track from a DivX movie I had... But the speed depends on your computer. "No matter where my life may lead,No matter where I go,The memory will still be there for me to hold.""I'm writing down the words,That's filling up my world,Your name is spinning 'round in my head"- Nikki Webster "The Best Days"- Nikki Webster "Boyt Inside My Heart"<i></i>

trip
22.03.2002, 18:12
Wow. My head is spinning here. The movies shows in the DivX Player and Windows Media player fine. It doesn't work on Quicktime though. The error message that comes up when I try to open it in VirtualDub is this: "Couldn't locate decompressor for format 'DIV3' (Microsoft High-Speed MPEG4 V3 [Hack: DivX Low-Motion])." I think the problem is that I have DivX 4 and DivX 5 versions, but I can't find any DivX 3 versions. I'll look on that page though, that might have it. The politics of nations got me down,geography and policy have run me out of town. Seems like worldly things have come between us now... but I've got the will, if there's a way, I'll get to you somehow...-Prozzak, Omobolashire<i>Edited by: trip at: 3/22/02 6:27:56 pm</i>

trip
22.03.2002, 19:15
I think TotalRecorder is working! I had to get... uh...slightly... illegal to get it recording for the full length, but since I'm only gonna use it once, maybe twice at the most, my code of ethics can allow that Thanks for all your help! The politics of nations got me down,geography and policy have run me out of town. Seems like worldly things have come between us now... but I've got the will, if there's a way, I'll get to you somehow...-Prozzak, Omobolashire<i></i>

mrfunny
23.03.2002, 00:59
Hehe.. And those illegal stuff isen't hard to find... But don't tell anyone that you are using it :-pAnyway, good to see that it worked, it is however the most time consuming way of doing it. "No matter where my life may lead,No matter where I go,The memory will still be there for me to hold.""I'm writing down the words,That's filling up my world,Your name is spinning 'round in my head"- Nikki Webster "The Best Days"- Nikki Webster "Boyt Inside My Heart"<i></i>

Kulgan2871
11.05.2002, 09:31
<i>Edited by: Kulgan2871 at: 5/11/02 9:34:11 am</i>