PDA

View Full Version : eZBoard rant

trip
11.03.2002, 03:59
This has been bugging me since I first laid eyes on the evil called eZboard. WHY IS IT SO SLOW??? If ezboard has so many subscribers, why don't they have better servers??? It takes me two or three tries to get into any forum or topic because half the time the page never loads! I have to go back and try again many many more times. And I can't even post half the time either! It goes to a wonderfully white screen and sits there and doesn't add what I tried to post unless I go back and try it again, and <i> then</i> it posts it twice!!! I have to wait forever for anything at all to happen, and I hate it! <
><
>Thanks for listening to this rant I just had to get it out. Cheetahs never prosper ~ Zazu<i></i>

The Sonic God
11.03.2002, 06:47
I have had no slowness problems except when they have been updating their servers.<
><
>Recently, certain boards have been upgraded to 6.6.2 and may have been slow temporarily.<
><
>If you're a 56K user, you may not notice the slowness, but if you have
oadband, then you might.<
><
>EzBoard is taking care of these issues as we speak.<
><
>Also try surfing other websites. If those appear to be going slow as well, then you need to contact your ISP.<
><
>Earthlink, Sprint, Covad, and ATT Broadband subscribers may experience slowness if those of you are networking through Chicago (As of 3/2/02). Unix and Mac OS X users may use their terminals to check the ping. <i>President and CEO of UGC and TLK:UN</i><i></i>

mrfunny
11.03.2002, 09:01
For this board the main problem is, that people are hosting their images at lionking.org and that server is slow as hell.. Just hit the stop button.. <i>"No matter where my life may lead,<
>No matter where I go,<
>The memory will still be there for me to hold."</i><
><i>"I'm writing down the words,<
>That's filling up my world,<
>Your name is spinning 'round in my head"</i>

The Sonic God
11.03.2002, 10:07
Sometimes that works...sometimes it doesn't.<
><
>I know when I hit the stop button, everything on the page stops loading, both in Netscapre and MIE, so it results in a page of nothing but green and yellow colour with no images OR text.<
><
>Poor lionking.org, with it's limited connection bandwidth, can exceed 25GB per day. That's over twice the capacity of my own server, ultimategamers.org. <i>President and CEO of UGC and TLK:UN</i><i></i>

trip
12.03.2002, 00:07
Bah. I don't get why a 56k modem would run this better than cable. It's probably my cable. I get download speeds of 300k+ and yet on the web everything crawls, ezboard even more so. Damn Shaw. Why can't Telus have dsl service out where I live Cheetahs never prosper ~ Zazu<i></i>

mrfunny
12.03.2002, 11:31
Yeah, I know that lionking.org is pretty overloaded... Any idea when/if the connection will get better? I mean they've spoken about a faster connection for a while, and now there's no trace of it.. Have they ran out of money for hosting? <i>"No matter where my life may lead,<
>No matter where I go,<

The Sonic God
12.03.2002, 22:27
lionking.org will be experiencing downtime to move data to another server, the process may take a week. <i>President and CEO of UGC and TLK:UN</i><i></i>

mrfunny
12.03.2002, 22:39
Hmm.. It's only about 35 Gigabytes of data.. (Including the files for the OS) You can move that in a few min! (If you just place the disk in the new server... ) I don't see why it would take a week.. Oh well.. A week from when? Nothing is written at lionking.org.... <i>"No matter where my life may lead,<
>No matter where I go,<