PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Help

Pirogoeth
23.03.2002, 02:29
I am making a layout for a good friend, but I am stuck with a graphics problem :P The thing is, I wanna blend part of a graphic that I am using in the layout to it fades to the colour below it, if you get what I mean ^_^;;<
><
>I managed to get the thing looking kinda how I want it by blurring the last quarter or so of it, but it's not how I want it really :P<
><
>Really, I guess if this is a better way of explaining, I just want the bottom third or so to fade into this pinky colour below so the image isn't visible anyone.<
><
>Gah, just look at what I have done so far, and if you would be so kind, comment on what I have done.<
><
>I am using ArcSoft PhotoStudio, as it's what came on my new laptop, but I have Paint Shop Pro 6 too on CD, so if anyone can help, PLEASE do so! ^_^;;<
><
>image: mechkun.8bit.co.uk/logo2.png<
><
>P.S: I bet this is just real obivous, and I can't find/remember it because I am so tired ^_^;; Aeba kenka shiteta ne, Nagaku isugita no ka na<
> Iji wo hareba naosara, Sukima hirogaru bakari<
> Kiss wo shitari dakiattari, Tabun sore de yokatta<
> Atari mae no ai shikata mo, Zutto wasurete ita ne<
> Shinjiaeru yorokobi mo kizu tsuke au kanashimi mo<
> Itsuka ari no mama ni, Ai seru yo ni, time goes by... <i></i>

mrfunny
23.03.2002, 16:49
You mean something like the edges of www.nikkiwebster.dk/image...ground.jpg ? (See how it's used at www.nikkiwebster.dk/ and if you wanna judge my late night graphics skills, the original is stored here: www.nikki.com.au/images/photo_7.jpg in full colour and everything )<
><
>In that case, I did that by making a layer I put at the bottom, then I used the blur tool in PhotoShop to make the fade effect by having it blur and make the image semi transparent. I could send you the .psd file if I still have it. What I see as important is, that there's some transparency to make the transisiton between the border and the background colour smooth.<
><
>I don't know exactly what tools you should use in the programs you mention, but the technique is the same no matter what program you use. "No matter where my life may lead,<
>No matter where I go,<
>The memory will still be there for me to hold.""I'm writing down the words,<
>That's filling up my world,<
>Your name is spinning 'round in my head"- Nikki Webster "The Best Days"- Nikki Webster "Boyt Inside My Heart"<i>Edited by: mrfunny&nbsp; at: 3/23/02 4:55:44 pm<
></i>

Pirogoeth
23.03.2002, 17:10
Yeah, that's kinda how I want it yeah. Thanks a lot for explaining it to me, because I think the tools are the same in Paint Shop Pro, I am not exactly sure, because I haven't used it since I got my laptop. I have been more occupied moving music across ^_^;;<
><
>And why do I have a feeling I have seen the girl in the pictures on The Box (Music TV channel in the UK) a few days ago? ^_^;; Aeba kenka shiteta ne, Nagaku isugita no ka na<

mrfunny
23.03.2002, 17:41
Your welcome.. If you need any more help then just ask... This was really an easy question for me, as it's not more than a month since I made the pic.. But really graphics is not me...<
><
>I don't know why you feel you've seen her on that channel a few days ago. But if you like, I might be able to check for you if she has been on the show... However so far the only performance she did on TV outside Australia was the Olympic opening and closing ceremony. Do you remember if it was a music video? And if so, the name (or just a few lines) of the song? And if it wasn't a video, then the name of the show? Would be quite interesting (at least for me) if you had really seen her there.. "No matter where my life may lead,<
>No matter where I go,<
>Your name is spinning 'round in my head"- Nikki Webster "The Best Days"- Nikki Webster "Boyt Inside My Heart"<i></i>

Pirogoeth
23.03.2002, 18:43
Well, it was a music video, and the channel is just one where you call in and request a music video. They have a list of ones available for selection, so I can have a look on list of selections sometime very soon if you want. I was just channel surfing when I saw it, but I am kinda sure it was her.. : P<
><
>I had a look around your site (very nice, btw ^_^) and she is austrialian right? I know they play Savage Garden and Darren Hayes music videos too, so I guess that she could have a video on there too ^_^<
><
>I am interested in what her music sounds like as well, what's it like? ^_^;; Oh, and if I need more graphics help, I know where to come ^_~ hehe...<
><
>EDIT: I will try to check tonight, but my roommate is watching the TV right now, and I need to be up early tomorrow for work, so it might be tomorrow when I find out for you, hope this is okay ^_^;;<
><
> Aeba kenka shiteta ne, Nagaku isugita no ka na<
> Itsuka ari no mama ni, Ai seru yo ni, time goes by... <i>Edited by: Pirogoeth at: 3/23/02 6:47:20 pm<
></i>

mrfunny
23.03.2002, 23:27
Well, BMG are only interested in releasing and promoting her music in Australia, so I find it a little strange (but cool) if a UK TV channel plays her songs... If you wanna know what they sounds like, then drop me a mail at webmaster@nikkiwebster.dk as I've got some samples online (About 1/5th of the entire song) of every song on the cd's she's released, but I'm not going to make them publicly available (At least not yet.) Make sure that I knows that it's you... The best way is to use the e-mail address that's in your EZBoard Public profile.<
><
>Just noticed, that you use MSN.. I've added you to my list... "No matter where my life may lead,<
>No matter where I go,<
>Your name is spinning 'round in my head"- Nikki Webster "The Best Days"- Nikki Webster "Boyt Inside My Heart"<i>Edited by: mrfunny&nbsp; at: 3/23/02 11:28:04 pm<
></i>

Pirogoeth
24.03.2002, 01:36
Well, these channels play music by other people that haven't had singles released over here (The Mad Capsule Markets, a J-Rock band, springs to mind as they have only had one album released here, and even then I *think* it was through Manga Entertainment :P) so I guess it is entirely possible. I promise I will find out tomorrow if it was her or not ^.^<
><
>I will be online tomorrow too, so if I get on there before I get here, I will let you know. The only reason I am on here now is because my lazy roommate was using my laptop to play games on, and left it turned on ^_^;;<
><
>But still, I swear it was her on TV...<
><
>And thanks for offering to share the samples with me, it is really appreciated! ^.^ Aeba kenka shiteta ne, Nagaku isugita no ka na<
> Itsuka ari no mama ni, Ai seru yo ni, time goes by... <i>Edited by: Pirogoeth at: 3/24/02 1:40:16 am<
></i>

Pirogoeth
24.03.2002, 12:11
Well, I just got back from my morning shift at work and checked, and guess what? I was right, it IS her! ^.^<
><
>You can select a song called Strawberry Kisses (I think that's it) on The Box in the UK, and that's the only one on there, but at least I know it was actually on there, and I wasn't seeing things ^_^;;<
><
>Maybe it's gonna be released as a single here or something? That's the only reason I can think of it being on there, unless BMG are just gonna quietly release an album here... The channel has this thing where it tells you about new single releases too, so I will keep an eye out for you if you want?<
><
>*wonders what it sounds like* ^_^;;<
><
>I'll be on MSN later, I wanna get something to eat, heh... Aeba kenka shiteta ne, Nagaku isugita no ka na<

mrfunny
24.03.2002, 12:26
Cool.. Maybe BMG is planing a UK release!<
><
>Yes, Strawberry Kisses is her first single, it was released a while ago in Australia and was number 2 on the ARIA chart for about 8 weeks.<
><
>But I think it'll still be cheaper for me to order the CD's from Australia than the UK, even though I live in Denmark.<
><
>And please keep an eye open for me! I'm not able to get that channel over here on the other side of the water. Also I see a logic reason for staring a worldwide release in the UK, actually I see 2. One is that it's one of the UK charts appears to be one of the most respected charts in the world, and the second is that her grandparents live in the UK... <
><
>As soon as you catch me online, I'll give you the info you need to access the samples. "No matter where my life may lead,<
>No matter where I go,<
>Your name is spinning 'round in my head"- Nikki Webster "The Best Days"- Nikki Webster "Boyt Inside My Heart"<i></i>

Pirogoeth
24.03.2002, 14:51
Thanks! I will be online later on, I have a lot of other stuff to do today first... ._. <
><
>I am gonna request the video later on today hopefully, so I can see what the song is like. I have had The Box on TV all of the time since I have got in, to see if she is releasing a single here, heh ^_^;; So of course, I will keep an eye out for you, it's no problem ^.^<
><
>If it worked out cheaper, I could buy any CD's she releases here from a shop that sells music that a friend of mine works in (she gets something like 20% off stuff) and send them to you, and then you send however money they cost back to me, but seeing as we don't really know each other, it is sensible? heh... ^_^;; Aeba kenka shiteta ne, Nagaku isugita no ka na<
> Itsuka ari no mama ni, Ai seru yo ni, time goes by... <i>Edited by: Pirogoeth at: 3/24/02 2:54:09 pm<
></i>

mrfunny
24.03.2002, 20:28
I'm usually buying her CD's online at sanity.com.au so it's not a big problem to get them.. If there's an official release in the UK, I bet some online store will sell them, and I can compare prices and see where I can get it cheapest <
><
>But if you can't get to see the video, it was on the latest single, so you can have a copy from me, however, if you've got a slow internet connection it might not be THAT fun... (The file is about 60 megs )<
><
>I've only
ought ONE CD from someone that was not a shop, and it worked this way: I got the CD, and then a couple of days after I went to my bank and transfered the money to his account.. It was expensive as hell so if I can buy the things otherwise I prefer to do so.. I think the bank charged about £5-6 (Not an exact conversion) for the service... As a compareation, they charge NOTHING when I use my VISA....<
><
>But thanks for keeping your eye's open... I might try to contact BMG and ask about it... Problem is, that I've heard that rarely reponds to the mails they get... HMm.. Perhaps I should phone their Danish office.. This is actually getting really interesting! (At least for me ) "No matter where my life may lead,<
>No matter where I go,<

Pirogoeth
24.03.2002, 21:19
Heh, I am guessing that if it was a single release that is coming up from her soon, it shouldn't be more than £2-£3 for the single. That's what singles usually cost here I have ordered CD's from Austraila too, when I had an obsesion with Savage Garden, heh ^_^;;<
><
>60 Megs? That's quite big, and I only have a 56k modem at the moment, so you are right, it wouldn't be much fun downloading it I might try to request it tomorrow, because I haven't had time today :P I wanted to come on MSN too, but I have been really busy with my roommate, packing all of our stuff away, because we are moving to a bigger place next week :P <
><
>Maybe you should try and contact BMG. Heh, maybe I should send them an e-mail too, just so they can see there is interest from people regarding a song release outside Australia. I guess it's always worth a shot <
><
>As I said before, it's no problem, if I find anything else out, I will let you know as soon as I can And this IS getting really interesting, I wanna know what she sounds like! And if her single does get released here, I am gonna buy it for sure! ^.^<
> Itsuka ari no mama ni, Ai seru yo ni, time goes by... <i>Edited by: Pirogoeth at: 3/24/02 9:20:38 pm<
></i>

mrfunny
24.03.2002, 21:47
Maybe we find it interesting, but I don't know with the rest of the people at this board... Perhaps we should countinue this discussion by E-Mail?<
><
>Hmm.. Here they are about £6... Actually an AUD4.95 single, with AUD7 in shipping turned out CHEAPER than if I had
ought a CD from a local music store! Same with albums, they are a lot cheaper in Australia than Denmark. Long live the internet <
><
>Anyway, I know a guy in England that have actually imported her CD's and sold them there.. And so far I don't think, that BMG was happy with it, (But his costumers were ).<
><
>Hmm.. There's a streaming version somewhere at www.click2music.com.au/ar...ster,Nikki the quality sux, but it'll give you an idea of how the video looks, and how the song sounds. Actually there's 3 singles out, and all the videos are at that website.<
><
>And I think I might give BMG Denmark a call soon, to hear about it, as BMG in the UK seems to be ignoring e-mails (The before mentioned guy tried e-mailing them lots of times.) Also IF they are going to release anything over there they'll mention it at www.click2music.co.uk<
><
>Just checked.. They mention Nikki at www.click2music.dk "No matter where my life may lead,<
>No matter where I go,<

Pirogoeth
24.03.2002, 22:15
Hehe, what started off as me asking for help with graphics has turned into me becoming obsessed with another australian music artist Maybe we should continue this by e-mail or MSN or whatever before this becomes the official Nikki thread, hehe ^_^;;<
><
>I like ordering stuff off the internet, it is usually cheap... But I really like these Super Eurobeat compolation CD's that are released in Japan by Avex Trax (they are upto volume 124 last time I checked, dunno if you have heard of them) and they are around £35-£40 for one double CD usually :P<
><
>So not everything is cheap online, but I am seriously considering buying some of her CD's, even though I have never heard her music before ^_^;;<
><
>Right, maybe we should continue this in e-mail... I will try to send something out later tonight, I still gotta pack the rest of the kitchen stuff away ^_^;; Thank god for laptops is all I say Aeba kenka shiteta ne, Nagaku isugita no ka na<

mrfunny
25.03.2002, 00:19
Hehe.. You can order 2 of her cd's from Denmark soon... I did some research after my last post, and it seems like there's a nordic release of the Strawberry Kisses single at the 15th April, and her album "Follow Your Herat" is released the 6th May.. Funny enough, they are NOT having the same covers as the copies I've got in my collection, so guess who's off to the record store in a couple of weeks! (21 days unless my math skills sux!) "No matter where my life may lead,<
>No matter where I go,<

Pirogoeth
25.03.2002, 01:09
Aw, you are *so* lucky! I can't find any information about her releasing stuff in the UK, but I found a store that sells her album, the one you mentioned, for £13.99 <
><
>So basically, the video is being shown in the UK, and the single is being released in Denmark. Hehe ^_^;;<
><
>Right, I *will* e-mail you about this tomorrow, I promise, people must be getting bored of us talking about this what e-mail address should I send any e-mails I wanna send to? Aeba kenka shiteta ne, Nagaku isugita no ka na<

mrfunny
25.03.2002, 12:32
Hehe... Is it a music store?<
><
>Anyway, my E-Mail address of preference is the one listed in my EZBoard profile... chano@mrfunny.yi.org <
><
>And yeah, people MIGHT get bored.. I'll close this topic as soon as I recieve your mail..... "No matter where my life may lead,<
>No matter where I go,<

Pirogoeth
25.03.2002, 16:12
Yeah, it is ^_^;;<
><
>I will send you an e-mail in a little while... It looks like I will be buying that album now too So I guess you might as well lock this thread before we bore anymore people, hehe ^_~ Aeba kenka shiteta ne, Nagaku isugita no ka na<

mrfunny
25.03.2002, 19:32
Well, nobody have complained yet, so either they find it interesting, or they just don't enter <
><
>But still, the click2music site is the most official info I have...<
><
>On the other hand.... <
><
><b><i>Quote:</i></b> Domain name: click2music.dk<
>Registration date: 1999-07-15<
>Last modified: 2002-03-25<
><
>Registrant:<
><
>Handle: BD2346-DK<
>Name: BMG Danmark<
>Address: Overgaden Neden Vandet 17, 2<
>Postalcode & city: 1414 KÝbenhavn K<
>Country: Danmark<
>Telephone: +45 32 99 97 00<
>Fax: +45 32 69 97 99<
><
>Or in other words, it's run by BMG "No matter where my life may lead,<
>No matter where I go,<

Pirogoeth
25.03.2002, 21:39
Heh, so we should keep talking about it in here, until people start going "SHUT UP ABOUT NIKKI!" ? ^_^;;<
><
>Well, I requested the video today while I was packing more stuff, and although I didn't see the video, I heard the music, and guess what? I WANT HER CD'S! ^_^;; I am gonna order that album tomorrow, when I order Darren Hayes Solo Album as well <
><
>I am so jelous, I had a look around the net for half an hour today while I was cooking my dinner, and I couldn't find out any UK release info. I might have to buy the single from Denmark But I am gonna request the video again tomorrow, thanks, you have turned me into an addict hehehe...<
><

mrfunny
26.03.2002, 00:50
LOL... Your welcome... Maybe you should pay www.nikkiwebster.com.au a visit while you are at it? It's her official site "No matter where my life may lead,<
>No matter where I go,<

Pirogoeth
26.03.2002, 01:12
Hehe, I'M AN NIKKI ADDICT, AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! <
><
>Well, I did a little research, and I dunno why there is no info on a UK release of her single, because austrialian artists can do well here. A recent example of the last week or two is Darren Hayes and his debut solo single "Insatiable" which is currently number 6 in the Box TV Chart, and peaked at number 3 if memory serves correctly :P<
><
><b><i>Quote:</i></b> <
>The Box TV Chart (Current) <
>1 800 GARETH GATES - UNCHAINED MELODY <
>2 900 WILL YOUNG - EVERGREEN <
>3 901 WILL YOUNG - ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE <
>4 533 SHAKIRA - WHENEVER WHEREVER <
>5 555 MARILYN MANSON - TAINTED LOVE <
>6 661 DARREN HAYES - INSATIABLE <
>7 216 SHAGGY AND ALI G - JULIE <
>8 164 RIK WALLER - I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU <
>9 488 NICKELBACK - HOW YOU REMIND ME <
>10 261 MAD DONNA - THE WHEELS ON THE BUS <
><
>First column is position, second is selection number, third is artist/song<
><
><
>And according to the Official UK Top 40, he managed to get to number 8, which proves that Australian artists can sell (You only gotta look at Savage Garden and Kylie ^_^;; )<
><
><b><i>Quote:</i></b> <
>1 (new) Gareth Gates - 'Unchained Melody' (BMG)<
>2 (1) Will Young - 'Evergreen' (BMG)<
>3 (2) Shaggy and Ali G - 'Julie' (Island Records)<
>4 (3) Shakira - 'Whenever, Wherever' (Epic)<
>5 (new) Marilyn Manson - 'Tainted Love' (Maverick/Warner)<
>6 (new) Blue - 'Fly By' (Innocent/Virgin)<
>7 (new) George Michael - 'Freeek!' (Polydor)<
>8 (new) Darren Hayes - 'Insatiable' (Columbia)<
>9 (5) Nickelback - 'How You Remind Me' (Roadrunner)<
>10 (6) Lasgo - 'Something' (Postiva) <
><
><
>I am just kinda annoyed that I haven't been able to find any information regarding a single realease, as it costs £2-£3 each time I request the video, and I have requested it twice today :P So I wanna get my paws on some of her CD's, before I have spend enough money to get to Australia and back requesting the video ^_^;;<
><
>Hopefully I will find some info regarding a Uk release soon Aeba kenka shiteta ne, Nagaku isugita no ka na<

mrfunny
26.03.2002, 01:18
LOL... www.click2music.kr (I think it was, it's the korean click2music site) have the full song (and 3 others) avaliable for you to listen to.<
><
>Anyway... If you really want the video, I could see if I can get it down in size and still have fair quality. Or if you send a box and a VHS casette I could make a tape for you Remember to put some kind of postage on it, so that I won't have to pay to return the envelope! (Or you could tape it off The Box ) <i></i>

Pirogoeth
26.03.2002, 01:31
Wow... you would do that for me? that's so cool! Of course I would send enough postage to get it there and back, if you are sure it's no problem, and that you don't mind doing it Because I don't like making people do stuff like this is they don't wanna :P I was going to record it off The Box, but they have like a logo in the corner, selections rotation at the bottom, and other stuff all over the screen, so it kinda spoils the quality of the video when you wanna tape it :P<
><
>So I am eternally greatful if you would do that for me? I will have to keep a tape and box aside, as I have to pack away that stuff tomorrow, good job you mentioned it, heh I can't think of anything I can send to you in return for the favour, because I always usually try to send something in return at times like this, unless you are interested in Savage Garden, or Japanese pop music? ^_^;; Aeba kenka shiteta ne, Nagaku isugita no ka na<

mrfunny
26.03.2002, 01:44
It ok, as long as mu costs are covered.. And all it costs me, is the postage.. Another option is that you buy the single "The Best Days" it have two of the videos on it. You'll have to buy it online.. (Or go to Australia and buy it ) I use www.sanity.com.au The direct url for the single is www.sanity.com.au/Product...ENT&PCHID= Also you need a computer with support for multisession CD's to read the data part (Don't worry, if the computer/CD-Rom drive are less than 4-5 years old it does )<
><
>You might get faster delivery by getting the CD from Sanity, as I'm not the one that's quick at processing orders <
><
>The versions of the videos I have are the same as on that CD, to get them on a VHS I would just use the TV-Out on my MPEG (DVD) Decoder card. And perhaps add a few gadgets of the type you know so well from MTV (The title, artist and album) <i></i>

Pirogoeth
26.03.2002, 01:55
*is about to get on a plane to australia*<
><
>I think I will send you a tape if you really don't mind Besides, because of me recently getting my paws on an Xbox, my credit card is almost maxed out, and I don't wanna go over the limit :P I can afford to get that Darren Hayes album and the Nikki album we were talking about, but then that's it, no more spending *has to be restrained from buying more things with his card* hehe...<
><
>So if it's really okay with you (I am always like this when people offer to do something for me, sorry ^_^;; ) I will find a blank tape and get it all ready to be posted Aeba kenka shiteta ne, Nagaku isugita no ka na<

mrfunny
26.03.2002, 02:02
Unless the UK are using another PAL variant than Denmark, I have no problem making that tape.. I have too much time on my hands anyway.. <
><
>And I really DON'T think an airfare to Australia would be any good to your credit card balance!<
><
>When you've found the blank tape, then drop me an e-mail for my address. I might add some more clips, but they will all be on topic. Only problem is, that I like transitions, so there might be some effects and title screens on it as well. *Thinks this over for a moment* Hmm.. I've been thinking of making a simlair tape for myself for a while, so this is perhaps a good chance to get it done?<
><
>But still, as long as my costs are covered I have no problem making that tape. (It's been a while since I've seen many the clips anyway ) <i></i>

Pirogoeth
26.03.2002, 02:12
*thinks it over* Thanks a lot, that's a good point, I almost went waaaay over my balance then <
><
>Heh, you have a lot of time? Sounds a bit like me, apart from I just sit around doing nothing when I have spare time ^_^;; Maybe I should do something more productive with my time, but I can't think of anything, heh...<
><
>If I am not packing stuff all day (it took ages for me decide wether or not to sell my TLK Promo disc thing ^_^;; I decided to keep it in the end) I will try to get online on MSN tomorrow, as it seems a lot of our posts are getting kinda social, which might be bugging people... If it isn't, then, urm... we should continue posting? <
><
>Even though I ain't really qualified to say this, it IS a spam area after all, heheh Oh yah, plus I still haven't got the details of how to get those samples... Aeba kenka shiteta ne, Nagaku isugita no ka na<

mrfunny
26.03.2002, 02:20
Hehe... When I've got nothing productive to do, I just put on some music.. And lay down on my bed... I usually ends up sleeping, and thereby killing a couple of hours.<
><
>Well, You'll find me online after noon Danish time.. That'll be after 11AM UK Time.. The MSN account I prefer to use is chano_andersen@hotmail.com (Please don't use it for e-mail...) but i've got 3 others, where one of them are online 24/7.<
><
>And if we are buggin people here, it's just TOOOOOOOOOO bad It's a messageboard after all, so it's mean to post messages... And in the spam corner we can do just about everything <
><
>And I won't publish the access information for the samples here, so you have to contact me privatly... THey are online 24/7 so you don't have to catch me on MSN (Or ICQ or AIM or Yahoo Messenger) <i></i>

Pirogoeth
26.03.2002, 02:32
Yeah, I can understand why, I hardly endorse the use of Audiogalaxy or any other similar music tool like that. I didn't want you to post the details on here, I just suddenly remembered about it, that's all <
><
>Heh, that kinda sounds like me when I have nothing to do, although I hate sleeping during the day, it makes me feel all tried and groggy when I wake up. I have been playing a lot of Halo and Dead Or Alive 3 just recently, good games btw <
><
>Hmm, good point, I just thought people would be getting bored of us posting these social posts back and forth, and so on, but if you are okay with it then so am I, like you said, it is a message board, and the whole point of it is to post messages and meet people <
><
>After 11AM GMT? Hmm, should be able to pull that off, unless my room mate has packed all the videos and dvd's away, which means I will have to go and raid thru all the boxes for a blank tape Or if I get playing Halo again when I should be packing ^_^;; Aeba kenka shiteta ne, Nagaku isugita no ka na<

mrfunny
26.03.2002, 02:39
I'll say downloading a song to see if you like it is ok, but if you really like it you should buy the CD.. And if you don't like it you should remove the files again (Who keeps MP3's they don't listen to anyway?) Also I just find it redicules, that I can buy a CD from Australia with VERY high postage, and the end result is STILL a cheaper CD than what I would be able to buy from a local record store! Seems like the music buisness are ripping us off here... Hmm.. Reminds me that I might have a 3 hour long recording of the local radio station stored somewhere on my computer... Making some MP3's from that wouldn't be much different from making a tape would it? Of course editing out the speak and comercials are a lot easier on the computer... Hehe... <i></i>

Pirogoeth
26.03.2002, 02:46
Hmm... maybe, but then all the MP3's on my computer are ripped from my CD collecton, well nearly all of them I have a lot of radio things I got off Napster a long time ago which feature Savage Garden in, and other MP3's made from Radio shows, are probably okay, as it's the only way I could have listened to them, plus most radio stations
oadcast over the net these days anyway So it's probably fine to edit radio shows and distrubute them as MP3, as they were originally shown over the radio, plus it's the equivilant of recording onto a tape anyway, like you said <
><
>I am tempted to download some Nikki songs through audiogalaxy though, but I know I won't delete them until I get hold of the CD's with them on if I do ^_^;; Aeba kenka shiteta ne, Nagaku isugita no ka na<

mrfunny
26.03.2002, 02:53
Hehe... A CD was released here yesterday (As we have passed midnight by now) with some songs from a youth songcontest (Like the ESC but the artists were between 8 and 15) I had the songs already Saturday afternoon after the show, as I had recorded every min of audio on the computer.. Took about 2 hours to edit it, but that was because I had some chat sessions going on as well <
><
>I also had one of Nikki's songs weeks before release because someone recorded a radio show where they played it... Isn't the internet a wonderful invention? I can't wait till the next album is released (She's recording it these days) <i></i>

Pirogoeth
26.03.2002, 03:01
Yeah, it is a wonderful invention, I dunno what I would do without it 2 Hours sounds good if you had chat on too. It would have probably taken two days for me ^_^;; I love making website layouts for people, and I like to think I am good at it, but I tend to be lazy about it, and stuff takes like a week to be done when it really should take a day or two :P<
><
>Another album? Yay! Hehe, I just hope she releases stuff in the UK real soon, and if she doesn't, at least her stuff seems to be getting released in Denmark I just still find it strange that the video is being shown here, but there is no sign of an official CD release in the UK yet :P Aeba kenka shiteta ne, Nagaku isugita no ka na<

mrfunny
26.03.2002, 12:30
Hmm. Maybe you should check out www.click2music.be The french version, find Nikki's page and click concerts...... Nice info to see there....<
><
>However there's hardly any information at her official website. Only a small notice in the rumormill section. (Basicly response to a message I sent ) <i></i>

Pirogoeth
26.03.2002, 13:09
It's not fair! It's like every country in the world except the UK is getting a Nikki release, or information in some form ;_; But that's typical really, this has happened a few times before to me :P<
><
>BMG is taunting me! ^_^;;<
><
>They responded to a message you sent? cool? I remember when I e-mailed Konami Europe about a release of Para Para Paradise in the UK, and they never replied, even though I sent the e-mail once or twice a week over a period of a couple of months :P Aeba kenka shiteta ne, Nagaku isugita no ka na<

mrfunny
26.03.2002, 20:11
Nope, BMG pratically have almost nothing to do with Nikki's website! It's ran by the Websters themself (Or a friend of the family). So you get a little better service there <
><
>I just sent a mail to BMG Denmark, so let's see if they respond.. If not, I'll have to send it again and again and again... And in the end, I'll just call them <i></i>

Pirogoeth
26.03.2002, 20:32
The site isn't run by BMG? That explains a lot then <
><
>Heh, send the e-mail a few times a day, and get others to send it as well. If it meant getting information outta them, I am sure I could help out by sending a few copies of it too, hehehe... <
><
>I am thinking about calling BMG UK and asking about a UK release. Do you think it's worth trying? Because after what you said when it comes to getting information outta them, I ain't so sure if it is or not :P<
> Digiko ga Kita nyo!<i></i>

mrfunny
26.03.2002, 20:39
Hehe... You it explains QUITE A lot about the service level <
><
>Well, I'll give them a week before I'll capret bomb them with mails, or give them a call.<
><
>I've NEVER tried to contact BMG UK myself, BUT I mailed Click2Music Australia once, and I had the answer aproxmatly 10 min later (I sent it during Australian buissness hours, so they don't have 24/7 responce ) <i></i>

Pirogoeth
26.03.2002, 20:55
Hehe, I sent BMG UK an e-mail asking about release information, we shall see how long it takes, if they ever do, to reply. If they don't, I *might* call them, but if it's a lot of money to do so, and only to get no release info, then I might as well use the time to call The Box and request the video again <
><
>Go on, if they don't reply, send them a mail bomb Maybe they will spring into action then, and give you some info <
><
>And 10 mins, wow... If only it was business hours when I sent my e-mail to BMG UK just now :P Digiko ga Kita nyo!<i></i>

mrfunny
26.03.2002, 21:55
Hehe How many pounds have you spent requesting that video by now? Anyway, I guess that BMG's UK office are located in London, so it's just normal tax to call London for you.... <
><
>I hate the UK whois database....<
><
><b><i>Quote:</i></b> [chano@kovu chano]$ whois click2music.co.uk<
><
> Domain Name: CLICK2MUSIC.CO.UK<
> Registered For: Torrington Interactive<
> Domain Registered By: MEDIAWAYS-DE<
> Registered on 30-Jul-1999.<
> Record last updated on 15-Jun-2001 by <joc@netbenefit.com>.<
><
>Not giving you much info.. Not even an E-Mail address to the company! <i></i>

Pirogoeth
26.03.2002, 22:02
Urm, I have requested it four times in total, so, anything up to £12 :P Maybe I should stop requesting it ^_^;; I might call BMG then if I don't get a reply soon, I just better stop calling The Box soon, or I might really be able to afford to fly to Australia soon <
><
>Hmmm, you are right about there not being much info. On the UK site I couldn't find many e-mail addresses, so I just sent it to the one I thought was right. If it isn't, I will send another e-mail to a different address, I don't mind, hehe Digiko ga Kita nyo!<i></i>