PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop

Pirogoeth
26.03.2002, 23:36
I know I keep bugging people about stuff all the time here, but I have no idea what I should do here ^_^;;<
><
>A friend of mine is selling his copy of Photoshop (I forgot which version, but he told me it's quite new) and he wants to know if I wanna buy it off him before he tries to sell it elsewhere. The thing is, is it that much different from Paint Shop Pro 6 and PhotoStudio 2000 to warrant paying for it?<
><
>I do a fair amount of graphics work when designing webpages, but I have found Paint Shop Pro to be adiquate so far. Just wondering what others think about this before I decide if I should buy it off him or not :P Digiko ga Kita nyo!<i></i>

mrfunny
27.03.2002, 00:55
Well, a copy of photoshop 6.0 costs about 800 over here, so if he's selling it used, you should go for it if the price is around 80. (That's the retail version, the educational version is priced 1200DKK or about 120)<
><
>Once you've gotten used to the interface of photoshop, you can't live without it! Trust me! But I must say that photoshop have some limits, I prefer "The GIMP" for making wallpapers for instance. That's the simple wallpapers (Usually textures with flare effects and stuff), I have another that I'm still working on that's made in photoshop, and I couldn't have done it without (Ok I could, but not as easy )<
><
>A sample of the wallpapers I make with "The GIMP" are located at www.mrfunny.yi.org/temp/bg7.jpg <i>Edited by: Chano Andersen at: 3/27/02 2:00:23 am<
></i>

Pirogoeth
27.03.2002, 01:23
Well, it sounds worth buying then, if I pay something like 80-100 for it, even if it's just because it is worth 800 ^_^;;<
><
>I don't usually do really detailed and complex graphics, it's mainly simple stuff for layouts that friends have asked me to make them. Although I have been planning on CG'ing some art I did a while back, and Photoshop would be handy for that <
><
>The kinda thing I usually do is this, which is the final version of the logo I asked for help with a few days ago. It was for a friends online journal... <
><
>cardlab.hypermart.net/logo2.png Digiko ga Kita nyo!<i></i>

mrfunny
27.03.2002, 01:38
Let's just say, that there's a reason why professionals prefer photoshop <
><
>I haven't used paint shop pro since version 4, so I don't know what it's capable of. But one thing PSP is handling that photoshop is not, is editing vector graphics.. (Donno with version 7 of photoshop)<
><
>Hmm.. Looks like you understood what I meant, unlike me <
><
>Just looks like you missed the far left of it with the
ush... The transisition is VERY sharp there... <i></i>

Pirogoeth
27.03.2002, 02:06
Hmm... but I ain't a professional, hehe <
><
>I have used Paint Shop Pro for years, and the reason I bought version 6 is because it was quite cheap <
><
>Yeah, I noticed the far left, and in the end, I just ignored it ^_^;; I might do a little tweaking at a later date (I am still making the layout now, because I am slow ^_^;; ) but still, it looks pretty nice <
><
>So I have decided, if it's upto 100, I am gonna buy it, and then improve my graphic making skills, and cele
ate by making a 2000x2000 pixel sig image! hehehe... Digiko ga Kita nyo!<i></i>

mrfunny
27.03.2002, 02:38
Hehe... Nither am I.. But what really classes a professional is the fact that he/she makes money on it... So if you do it for money, you are professional.<
><
>Good luck tweaking.... And don't even THINK about making such a big pic! <i></i>

Pirogoeth
27.03.2002, 03:02
Hmm... I make the layouts for fun, but maybe I should start charging for them <
><
>Don't worry, I won't make an image for my sig THAT big, they annoy me a lot :P If I did make a new one, it wouldn't be that much bigger than the one I currently have Digiko ga Kita nyo!<i></i>

safijaha
01.04.2002, 23:21
Photoshop is great!<
><
>I've been using PSP6 since October of '00. I finally got Photoshop 6 last April. Wow... my artwork and layouts have improved so much!<
><
>It's capable of so much more than PSP, especialy PSP6. PSP7 is leaning more towards Photoshop, but it's still not as good.<
><
>The thing is though, it takes some time to figure the program out. I took a class in it at college, and I've improved so much. <
><
>There's plenty of tutorials and people who can help you learn photoshop online! =)<
><
>If you get the chance to get it, go for it! It's the best! <i></i>

Pirogoeth
02.04.2002, 00:30
Heh, I am going to hopefully be getting my paws on a copy at the end of this week, as my friend has agreed to sell me his copy of Photoshop for 110, which I am pretty pleased with, as I managed to get him to lower the price <
><
>I have some ideas for layouts of sites I want to make now, but I am going to wait until I get Photoshop, so I can play around with it and see what it can do. If you don't mind me asking Safijaha, do you have any examples of layouts you have made that had graphics made in Photoshop that you can show me? I am now really interested in seeing what it can do in terms of layout graphics ^_^;; <i>Sou Ore no koe Omaera no koto Kotogotoku Kaete koso<
>AP to rojikku to AK ga aru<
>Ore no atama wa mou MIDI SURFER MIND <
>I'm going MAD from Distorted Sound <
>Yatsu wa buchinuku kami no sazukemono<
>AP to rojikku to AK ga aru<
>Omaera mo norikonashite yaru <
>I'm stoked this fine day...<
>- The Mad Capsule Markets - Midi Surf</i> <i></i>

trip
02.04.2002, 01:34
Hmm. I personally prefer The Gimp and Blender for my images, but I don't do so many. I have a version that I got off of Kazaa, but I don't use it cause it's way too confusing. The politics of nations got me down,<
>geography and policy have run me out of town.<
> Seems like worldly things have come between us now...<
> but I've got the will, if there's a way, I'll get to you somehow...<
>-Prozzak, Omobolashire<i>Edited by: trip at: 4/2/02 2:38:51 am<
></i>