PDA

View Full Version : Hosting Help...

Pirogoeth
05.04.2002, 02:41
Heh, I knew something like this would happen... ^_^;;<
><
>I have finished my site layouts that I have been slacking off for ages with, but I haven't been to upload them as my hosting account still hasn't fixed the FTP for their free customers *sigh*<
><
>I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a good free hosting provider, that has no banners or pop-up's. Space isn't really an issue, but CGI would be really helpful, although not required, as I can update the journal by hand in notepad if it is required :P<
><
>Any suggestions are welcome, and really appreciated, as I really want to get my websites back online, but I am starting to feel it was a waste of time working on them, as I can't even upload them... ._. <i>Sou Ore no koe Omaera no koto Kotogotoku Kaete koso<
>AP to rojikku to AK ga aru<
>Ore no atama wa mou MIDI SURFER MIND <
>I'm going MAD from Distorted Sound <
>Yatsu wa buchinuku kami no sazukemono<
>Omaera mo norikonashite yaru <
>I'm stoked this fine day...<
>- The Mad Capsule Markets - Midi Surf</i> <i></i>

trip
05.04.2002, 03:58
There aren't many available with no ads or popups, but if you look around on www.freewebspace.net, you might be able to find some. The politics of nations got me down,<
>geography and policy have run me out of town.<
> Seems like worldly things have come between us now...<
> but I've got the will, if there's a way, I'll get to you somehow...<
>-Prozzak, Omobolashire<i></i>

Bliss Da Lioness
05.04.2002, 22:01
I know you probably don't want this, but I'll post anyway. fateback.com its pretty good I am using it now you can choose from a bunch of different urls and have as many subdomains as you want.<
><
>CATCH: They say that they have ads I have never seen them. If you wanna check for yourself to make sure you can
owse my site and see it anything pops up. You get 60 MEGS and I think its pretty good for a temporary place if ya want. (it has ftp)<
><
>my site: balto2.deep-ice.com/ <i></i>

Pirogoeth
05.04.2002, 22:38
Hehe, I said I was open to any suggestions I signed-up for fateback.com anyway, and when my account is activated, I will see what it's like. If it's good, I might turn it into my websites new home <
><
>I checked out your cool site, and you are right, I couldn't see ad's either, so thank's a lot for mentioning it Bliss! <i>Sou Ore no koe Omaera no koto Kotogotoku Kaete koso<

trip
06.04.2002, 02:52
I actually think the adds can add a bit of flavour to sites. At least, I;ve convinced myself into thinking that. If I could convince myself a Taurus looked good, I can do anything I happen to be a die-hard Angelfire user, you see, so I get stuck with em. I might leave though, if they don;t restore the 50 meg space limit. 20 just isn't enough anymore The politics of nations got me down,<
>geography and policy have run me out of town.<
> Seems like worldly things have come between us now...<
> but I've got the will, if there's a way, I'll get to you somehow...<
>-Prozzak, Omobolashire<i></i>

Bliss Da Lioness
06.04.2002, 13:59
Your welcome. <
>I remember when I spent 3 years (yes three! ahhh) looking for a suitable FREE webspace provider. hehe I have signed up and moved sites sooo many times. Ahh name a web host...I've been there.<
><
>grrr it made me soo fustrated. lol <i></i>

Pirogoeth
06.04.2002, 15:03
Well, I checked that freewebspace.net place Trip, and I couldn't find anything that was really good. I then checked out my fateback account that I set up last night, and I am really pleased with the results. I uploaded my journal, and everything seems to be fine, so, once again, thanks for mentioning it Bliss! ^.^ <
><
>My Blog: pirogoeth.deep-ice.com/blog/ <i>Sou Ore no koe Omaera no koto Kotogotoku Kaete koso<