PDA

View Full Version : What military pilots do in there spare time..........make music video's !

White Lion
03.08.2005, 03:40
I found these music video's on the net that were home made by military pilot's. The 2nd video is my favorite :)

Both files are zipped and are .wmv format

Video 1. AC-DC thunderstruck (http://www.grouchymedia.com/other_media/helo_thunder/Helo_Thunder_sm.wmv.zip)

Video 2 (http://www.grouchymedia.com/other_media/woohoo/WooHoo_sm.wmv.zip)

The Sonic God
03.08.2005, 09:51
Ah, yeah, now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout! Blow stuff up! BOOM! lol

Nice videos. I ought to show these to my uncles. They all serve in the military. ^^

Kirauni
03.08.2005, 20:36
Well I know a little about making music videos ( I did serveral TLK themed music videos myself ;) ) and therefore I think I can at east say something relevant about this topic.

First of all, I have never seen an MV before that contains TLK material.
To me this was a new experience and it also showed me what the air force is capable of doing. Given the civilist ( I hope it is the right word !) that I am, I had no idea about military... I am really suprised.

I prefer the first one over the second one. The first one is more what I would call "synchrone". The musicgoes along very nice with the pictures shown and the text also makes a little sense.
However I find it's a little bit too long. Considering the fact that most viewers will automatically be distracted after 4 minutes of a MV, the video is simply to long. A MV should not contain more than 4 minutes accordning to my experiences.

I figures out that the makers of the videos really enjoy their job ;)

s-tlk
03.08.2005, 22:00
this reminds me somehow at this video of the royal army. :D

http://www.athenaplastering.co.uk/Videos/ArmadilloStream282K-384x288.wmv

Alex Kile
06.08.2005, 12:24
suffed up big time here

White Lion
08.08.2005, 19:53
Now that's a funny vid. S-tlk :) I like it !

I think one of the reason's i like the second vid so much more is that i have or curently am flying just about every one of the types of chopper in the video...........

I've never got to sit in a fighter jet :(

oh yeah BTW the AH-64 Apache Rock ! 8) 8) 8)

Legioner
08.08.2005, 23:32
KA-50 better!
And don't be so depress about not siting in jet...
MI-24 - my favorite, he save my life in Chechna by firesupporting our forces!

Alex Kile
09.08.2005, 01:34
I dont know but the f\A 18 hornets the RAAF has here but the F111 has alwas cought my imagination.

as for the soldgers clip I would not be suprised if one of those guys was a Austrailian SAS soldger

White Lion
09.08.2005, 04:54
Now i like the F-111 ;) I love the swing wing design.:) and it also has the ability to fly MOE at extrememly high speeds :)

To bad they didn't make more of the KA-50's.....the poor chopper never went beyond the prototype stage and the russian military never officialy fielded them. The only ones they have operational are a hand full of prototypes. But I love the dual counter rotating pair of rotars that eliminates the need for a tail rotar...

Alex Kile
09.08.2005, 05:07
you have lost me thair

White Lion
09.08.2005, 05:14
MOE = Map of Earth................

Basicaly it means flying treetop level getting under enemy radar and giving ground targets as little time as possible to shoot at the aircraft.

The F-111 has the ability to get about 5 feet from the ground, open the throttle up to full. When it get's close to the target it rises up, .locks on and fires it's payload then drops back down.

Alex Kile
09.08.2005, 05:23
ok I get it now

Legioner
19.08.2005, 23:43
KA-50 already serving in Rus. military. About 15 of them.
3 of them fighting in Chechna.

White Lion
06.10.2005, 20:09
Found another music vid.

This shows why I love miniguns :)
Music vid. 1 (http://www.combatvids.com/vidshow.php?vurl=HellICopter.wmv)

The Sonic God
07.10.2005, 10:05
Americans are so funny. "Heya, check this gun, BOOM!" :p

s-tlk
12.10.2005, 12:52
lol

I have never understand what the amerikans like so much on weapons?

Aejl
12.10.2005, 21:45
Lol. Those are pretty cool. ^^ I'd have to agree... the second one is the best.

Cobalt
13.10.2005, 01:13
I'm not sure that it is entirely an "American" thing. It beleive that it is more of a human thing. Bear in mind that our species has been working rather hard at attempting to destroy itself since the dawn of the species. One of the first things humans came up with in terms of tools was weapons.

We really are our own worst enemy...

The Sonic God
14.10.2005, 12:58
Is the true human's life's purpose to end?

We are the most destructive, greedy, and wild creature to ever roam this planet, and yet, we have the most power.

It is true what they say... power corrupts.

s-tlk
14.10.2005, 14:59
Original von The Sonic God
Is the true human's life's purpose to end?

We are the most destructive, greedy, and wild creature to ever roam this planet, and yet, we have the most power.

It is true what they say... power corrupts.
indeed. But I hope you guys there get back on the right track ;)

@Cobalt
but when you look at great britain, there has no one a weapon, not even the police and they live happy without it!

Reepacheep
14.10.2005, 17:01
Originally posted by s-tlk
@Cobalt
but when you look at great britain, there has no one a weapon, not even the police and they live happy without it!

oh i dont know about that - the police may not be armed but today gun crimes are on the up - yesterday a body was found with gunshot wounds in his head in a park 15 mins away from where i sit now.gun fights between gangs isnt uncommon in some places.
last year, down my road a car was held up at gunpoint. now, this area is one of the most affluent in london, and used to be so safe. these days you cant be so sure.

White Lion
14.10.2005, 23:17
Yeah, I live in a small town that was nothing but cow pastures and cotton fields. It used to be very quiet and peacefull. Im the last 10 years it has become the bigest spot in the world for aerospace engineers.
Along with it came a lot of crime. I find it really sad that cops now have to carry M-16 assault rifles. Our group that im in carries M-4 carbines, 37mm grenade launchers, MP-5 sub machine guns, M-21 sniper rifles, A sinlgle M-249 squad automatic weapon and I useualy end up carrying a M-60E4 machine gun or my M-4 carbine. It's sad how much weapons are on the market and what law enforcment officers here in the U.S. have to do to stay ahead. We rarely ever get shootings but when it does hapen the perpitrator is useualy well armed. The only reason my group carries belt-fad machine guns by the way is because were in helicopters and the crewchiefs use them to protect the chopper. Also we never return fire until a round hits the chopper and the perpatraor is a actual threat or we are ordred to. A redneck with a .22 rifle or a 12 ga shotgun with birdshot is not a threat to a chopper.

I belive that violance and greed is something in all humans. I also belive that were going to end up destroying our own planet out of greed. I belive that if all humans were to disapear from the face of the earth it would be a much much better planet.

s-tlk
15.10.2005, 01:05
Original von White Lion
Yeah, I live in a small town that was nothing but cow pastures and cotton fields. It used to be very quiet and peacefull. Im the last 10 years it has become the bigest spot in the world for aerospace engineers.
Along with it came a lot of crime. I find it really sad that cops now have to carry M-16 assault rifles. Our group that im in carries M-4 carbines, 37mm grenade launchers, MP-5 sub machine guns, M-21 sniper rifles, A sinlgle M-249 squad automatic ...
do you plan the third world war? ^^
You don't think this is a little bit weird to use military equiqment against criminals?

White Lion
15.10.2005, 02:16
actualy that is how most police departments in the u.s. are armed.......... criminals can get ahold of assault rifles and other weapons way to easy. I can go to a gunstore right now and get a semi-auto ak-47 for $400.00. or go buy a semi-auto mac-10 smg for $240.00 and file the secondary catch and make it full auto. Luckly very few people actulay commit crimes round here with those kinda weapons. We useualy keep ours locked up inide a patroll car or the chopper and only pull them out when we need them. most of the time we just cary a pistol. but we have to have the ' military' type weapons to keep up with the criminals. I originaly sarted flying for the pourpose of search and rescues but ended up doing what i do now which I am scheduled to quit in 2 weeks and go back to being a normal civilian.

I personaly am not a violent person. Im actualy one of the most layed back people I know, just ask Luna. I'm also druidic. I've only twice caused pain to another living creature on pourpose in defense of myself or another. Once was a deer and the other was a cyotee that atacked a 4 year old little girl which i dont regret because i know if i had not shot the cyotee the little girl would not be here today. I've never hurt a living creature for the pure pourpose of hurting it or joy in my life including trees and insects, even though I have the training and can hit a moving head at 500 yards with a M-21. I do enjoy shooting firearms but I only shoot inaniment objects and paper targets which I later recycle. Before I got into druidism I apprenticed for 2 years as a gunsmith but couldn't stand building weapons that I knew were going to go kill or harm another living creature so i stoped. The worst i've ever done is accidently hit a few small animals at night in my truck :( whom I stoped, got out and removed there body from the road and asked there spirit for forgivness and wished them well in the afterlife.

I do agree with cobolt that violance is something in human nature. But I also highly agree that the U.S. is a very, very violent group of peoples compared to the rest of the world. Our society is so loaded with violance and the horible morals and ethics on our TVs, radios, litature that it propells the amount and intensity of violance. When EMT's have to wear body armor to protect themselves from being shot and killed thats just sad and goes to show how screwed up we are as a peoples.
Also our current president whom I belive is a idiot, should not be in office and I shure as heck did not vote for. Who got his office largley because of his religious views. Who started a war which I do not agree with whom everyone knows he did it for his own financial gain. And whom is also seriously screwing up our economy. All thses things have made me seriously think about moving to either britan or germany.

I personaly think Bush is a idiot and incompident Especialy after Bush stated on national tv; " I would like to be dictator of america" and " I talk to god regulary on the phone." Also him complaning about cutting his vacation a few days short because huricane katrina hit louisiana kiling a lot of people and flooded new orleans. But what really gets to me the worst and disgusts me is that theres people who actualy belive that he's the best thing to ever happen, that he actualy talks to god! and that he is guided by god!" Im not saying that religion is a bad thing im just saying that it pisses me off how people will blindly follow someone because of it. Insted of stoping and looking and thinking about whats happening around them.

sorry if i offended anyone or went on a rant but ive been needing to get that off my chest.............

s-tlk
15.10.2005, 09:31
Original von White Lion
actualy that is how most police departments in the u.s. are armed.......... criminals can get ahold of assault rifles and other weapons way to easy. I can go to a gunstore right now and get a semi-auto ak-47 for $400.00. or go buy a semi-auto mac-10 smg for $240.00 and file the secondary catch and make it full auto. Luckly very few people actulay commit crimes round here with those kinda weapons. We useualy keep ours locked up inide a patroll car or the chopper and only pull them out when we need them. most of the time we just cary a pistol. but we have to have the ' military' type weapons to keep up with the criminals. I originaly sarted flying for the pourpose of search and rescues but ended up doing what i do now which I am scheduled to quit in 2 weeks and go back to being a normal civilian.

I understand why the police have these weopons, but I don't understand why the goverment don't forbit them? ok. the hardcore criminals doesn't matter that, but this prevent the kids for buying this around the corner. But maybe the weoponindustry doesn't earn enough money with that policy :rolleyes:

Original von White Lion
I personaly am not a violent person. Im actualy one of the most layed back people I know, just ask Luna. I'm also druidic. I've only twice caused pain to another living creature on pourpose in defense of myself or another. Once was a deer and the other was a cyotee that atacked a 4 year old little girl which i dont regret because i know if i had not shot the cyotee the little girl would not be here today. I've never hurt a living creature for the pure pourpose of hurting it or joy in my life including trees and insects, even though I have the training and can hit a moving head at 500 yards with a M-21. I do enjoy shooting firearms but I only shoot inaniment objects and paper targets which I later recycle. Before I got into druidism I apprenticed for 2 years as a gunsmith but couldn't stand building weapons that I knew were going to go kill or harm another living creature so i stoped. The worst i've ever done is accidently hit a few small animals at night in my truck :( whom I stoped, got out and removed there body from the road and asked there spirit for forgivness and wished them well in the afterlife.

I believe that you are a peaceful person.
My parents made holidays for a couple of years in the U.S. and they say, that the most amarikan people are friendly and very obliging, instead of someones here in germany.

Original von White Lion
I do agree with cobolt that violance is something in human nature. But I also highly agree that the U.S. is a very, very violent group of peoples compared to the rest of the world. Our society is so loaded with violance and the horible morals and ethics on our TVs, radios, litature that it propells the amount and intensity of violance. When EMT's have to wear body armor to protect themselves from being shot and killed thats just sad and goes to show how screwed up we are as a peoples.

Maybe these people must more look TLK on TV :)

Original von White Lion
Also our current president whom I belive is a idiot, should not be in office and I shure as heck did not vote for. Who got his office largley because of his religious views. Who started a war which I do not agree with whom everyone knows he did it for his own financial gain. And whom is also seriously screwing up our economy. All thses things have made me seriously think about moving to either britan or germany.

I personaly think Bush is a idiot and incompident Especialy after Bush stated on national tv; " I would like to be dictator of america" and " I talk to god regulary on the phone." Also him complaning about cutting his vacation a few days short because huricane katrina hit louisiana kiling a lot of people and flooded new orleans. But what really gets to me the worst and disgusts me is that theres people who actualy belive that he's the best thing to ever happen, that he actualy talks to god! and that he is guided by god!" Im not saying that religion is a bad thing im just saying that it pisses me off how people will blindly follow someone because of it. Insted of stoping and looking and thinking about whats happening around them.

imho Mr. Bush is not better than these terrorist, he pretends to fight. They, use the same religious propaganda to justive these needless wars. Call it "war against terror" or "dschihad" its all the same "bull shit". sry
just my two cents :)

Original von White Lion
sorry if i offended anyone or went on a rant but ive been needing to get that off my chest.............
I enjoy to read your posts and I hope to get some more vocabulary and a better grammar structure =)

White Lion
15.10.2005, 23:27
imho Mr. Bush is not better than these terrorist, he pretends to fight. They, use the same religious propaganda to justive these needless wars. Call it "war against terror" or "dschihad" its all the same "bull shit". sry

oh, I very much agree.........He very much is a terorist. Unfortunatly the republicans controll most of the media so most things that are negitive for bush are kept from the public.

I enjoy to read your posts and I hope to get some more vocabulary and a better grammar structure

Thanks, and don't wory about grammar structure and vocabulary. I've alwas said that as long is I get what someone means it's all good. Besides, most people whos primary language is english have absolutly no abillity to speak or write it corectly. You're grammer and english is a whole lot better then most people I've seen or known.

The Sonic God
16.10.2005, 00:43
Getting back on track here...

Do you mind if I use the WMV files on another website? Another friend of mine is a pilot for the US Military. I think that these would interest him.

White Lion
16.10.2005, 01:21
fine with me, I didn't make them I just had a freind send me the links.