PDA

View Full Version : How to find out if your son is a hacker...

Kirauni
15.08.2005, 18:45
First of all: Don't take the article too seriously.
It claims to be written by a "caring american father", who just discovered that his son was a hacker. Now he tries to advise other parents.
This may be an old site but I just discovered it and wanted to share it with you.

Have fun ;)

Is your son a computer hacker ?l (http://www.adequacy.org/public/stories/2001.12.2.42056.2147.html)

mrfunny
15.08.2005, 21:25
Most American families use trusted and responsible Internet Service Providers, such as AOL

Let's leave that here for a while..

Think it pretty much sums up the article's credibility, AOL is, to my knowledge, know as anything BUT a good ISP.. *Giggles*

Also nowhere in the article, does he describe what he found from the surfing, or even that he could had misunderstood the term "Hacker" as it could also mean a very skilled programmer, accepted by the "community".

Popular hacker software includes "Comet Cursor", "Bonzi Buddy" and "Flash".

This is funny, Comet Cursor, and Bonzi Buddy, are more known as "Spyware" than hacker tools, and most people knows that Flash is a multimedia plugin..

They may request "faster" video cards,

Haha.. Gamers needs new video cards, a hacker would rather ask for a faster internet connetion, or faster CPU. *Giggles*

If your son has requested a new "processor" from a company called "AMD", this is genuine cause for alarm. AMD is a third-world based company who make inferior, "knock-off" copies of American processor chips. They use child labor extensively in their third world sweatshops, and they deliberately disable the security features that American processor makers, such as Intel, use to prevent hacking.

Haha.. Hackers/Crackers, to my knowledge, actually swear to Intel.

Has this guy done ANY research at all? Or is he just paranoid?

"Programming with Perl" by Timothy O'Reilly;

... A hacker manual? LOL.. Yeah, in the meaning of "Skilled programmer" perhaps ;) That's also in the line of Sam's Teach yourself Java in 21 days, etc..

Oh my god, that man knows nothing..

DOSing involves gaining access to the "command prompt" on other people's machines, and using it to tie up vital internet services. This can take up to eight hours.

Haha.. DoS = Denial Of Service.. Donno how that can be turned to "access to command prompt", oh well... Another stupid statement..

Quake is an online virtual reality used by hackers.

Haha.. Quake is a game simulating nothing more than what you'd probably learn in the military.. *Laughs*

BSD, Lunix, Debian and Mandrake are all versions of an illegal hacker operation system, invented by a Soviet computer hacker named Linyos Torovoltos,

Ok, I think that's enough.. Either that article was never meant to be taken serious, or the man behind it is hmm, not very good at research (At the very best).

s-tlk
15.08.2005, 21:49
Original von mrfunny

Most American families use trusted and responsible Internet Service Providers, such as AOL

Let's leave that here for a while..

Think it pretty much sums up the article's credibility, AOL is, to my knowledge, know as anything BUT a good ISP.. *Giggles*

Also nowhere in the article, does he describe what he found from the surfing, or even that he could had misunderstood the term "Hacker" as it could also mean a very skilled programmer, accepted by the "community".

Popular hacker software includes "Comet Cursor", "Bonzi Buddy" and "Flash".

This is funny, Comet Cursor, and Bonzi Buddy, are more known as "Spyware" than hacker tools, and most people knows that Flash is a multimedia plugin..

They may request "faster" video cards,

Haha.. Gamers needs new video cards, a hacker would rather ask for a faster internet connetion, or faster CPU. *Giggles*

If your son has requested a new "processor" from a company called "AMD", this is genuine cause for alarm. AMD is a third-world based company who make inferior, "knock-off" copies of American processor chips. They use child labor extensively in their third world sweatshops, and they deliberately disable the security features that American processor makers, such as Intel, use to prevent hacking.

Haha.. Hackers/Crackers, to my knowledge, actually swear to Intel.

Has this guy done ANY research at all? Or is he just paranoid?

"Programming with Perl" by Timothy O'Reilly;

... A hacker manual? LOL.. Yeah, in the meaning of "Skilled programmer" perhaps ;) That's also in the line of Sam's Teach yourself Java in 21 days, etc..

Oh my god, that man knows nothing..

DOSing involves gaining access to the "command prompt" on other people's machines, and using it to tie up vital internet services. This can take up to eight hours.

Haha.. DoS = Denial Of Service.. Donno how that can be turned to "access to command prompt", oh well... Another stupid statement..

Quake is an online virtual reality used by hackers.

Haha.. Quake is a game simulating nothing more than what you'd probably learn in the military.. *Laughs*

BSD, Lunix, Debian and Mandrake are all versions of an illegal hacker operation system, invented by a Soviet computer hacker named Linyos Torovoltos,

Ok, I think that's enough.. Either that article was never meant to be taken serious, or the man behind it is hmm, not very good at research (At the very best).

lol.
be aware that I'm a really dangerous hacker. :D

Kirauni
15.08.2005, 22:10
You really didn't have to take the article too seriously.
I guess it is meant in a very ironic way.
Expecially the part about AOL makes this completely obvious, in my humble opinion.
That's why it doesn't matter if the one who wrote it did reseearch or not.
I mean the person behind it knows perfectly well that these are no points to identify hackers/crackers whatever...
That's why I posted it in the Spam Corner in first place.

So basically it's a fake, - but a funny one ;)

mrfunny
16.08.2005, 00:12
Originally posted by Kirauni
You really didn't have to take the article too seriously.

I guess that I wrote something like "If it's to be taken seriously" somewhere in the lot of text...

Kirauni
16.08.2005, 10:26
Yeas at the very end.. So I figured you thought it to be serious until you reached the part with "Unix".
But nevermind.

I think it's quite of interesting how one can make good things seem so bad. Especialy the part about AMD makes it clear.

mrfunny
16.08.2005, 10:33
Haha.. Yeah, and the fact that AMD actually means American Micro Devices (Or something along the lines of that), really makes it so much more fun.

The Sonic God
17.08.2005, 08:06
Hmm...

I own a computer.

I'm a man's son.

I'm a hacker.

Yeah, that's it. I own a computer... 5, in fact, with knowledge of computers up the wazoo. And I hack things. But... I don't do damage. And yet everyone wants me to die because I'm a hacker.

All of those other signs are just stupid.

Alex Kile
17.08.2005, 10:46
Im a hacker i can not play golf to save my life!

The Sonic God
18.08.2005, 07:44
Oh, hacker as in bush whacker with your club? XD