PDA

View Full Version : does any one here like linkin park

Tythorn
28.10.2005, 00:40
does any one here like linkin park i like linkin and good charrlotte green day bands like that:D

The Sonic God
28.10.2005, 03:09
I think that certain music mentioned by some people around here seems to be rather esoteric, in my honest opinion, but I suppose there's something of it that certain people like. I suppose I could give them a chance. I found that the Kaiser Chiefs are a little weird, but it turned out that they've got decent material.

However, I'm more for Classical and Techno. To each his own.

Tythorn
28.10.2005, 10:35
oh ok cool yeh i think the Kaiser Chiefs are a bit wierd too

Reepacheep
28.10.2005, 17:51
yaay music topic!!1! *jumps right in*

the kaisers arent weird 8o. I bought their album months ago (special edition - the box set is like a board game, its amazing) and have a couple of their 7"s- ALL their songs either contain "na na na na na na" or "wooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" Which frankly, can get very tiresome. But i do like them, I saw them live back in July - I Predict a Riot is such a tune. But yeah, theyre one of the big new bands in the UK atm, so are very badly overplayed to the point that i know a lot of people who now hate them.

I kinda Like Linkin Park - they were one of my favourite bands 3 years ago, but their newer material AND the fact they released an album purely of remixed songs from their only other album at the time really put me off. Plus Im not really into the whole nu-metal vibe anymore.

Good Charlotte - i do like their first two albums - but theyve suddenly changed. I saw their first ever european performance, they were pop-punk and great fun - i bought their debut and second albums on (rather expensive) import purely based on that gig. but as soon as their album came out over here officially, they suddenly became pure pop; and a bit too "safe", just like their were pandering to demand rather than sticking to what they had been doing. im not saying OMG LIEK THEY SOLD OUT NOW I HATE THEM LOLZ1!!!!! as thats ridiculous - its just there was something about them that has suddenly disappeared ever since they became huge. though i will admit they they do know how to write a damn catchy pop song!

Greenday, NOW youre talking :D I love them! Ive already seen them live twice this year (and there are rumours theyre comiing back again before the end of the year.. im so there!), and they never cease to amaze me. Therye not my all time favourite band, but in my opinion you cannot go wrong with their songs, or very entertaining performance.

sorry, once you get me going on music, i am difficult to stop!

Tythorn
29.10.2005, 12:32
i like the i some of the KC music but not all of it but its up to you if you like them or not but i like linkin park the best

Kirauni
29.10.2005, 16:55
Do you mind if I moved this topic to "general disucssion" ? I think it's more than original SPAM.

Well, as for me I quite like some of LP's songs.
Yet there are some songs I don't enjoy very much. I guess for LP it is the same as for all bands. Some songs are good, some are not.

Tythorn
29.10.2005, 17:11
ok need to move it then

SpiritWolf77
29.10.2005, 22:59
I like some Linkin Park. Typically the songs with more ambience and less screaming. ;)
My December is really good...I actually like the remixed version of Crawling. They do some excellent instrumentals, I just wish they didn't yell quite so much.

I'm more into classic rock, celtic, movie soundtracks, and other odd stuff myself.
My favorite composer is Hans Zimmer (whom you ALL should know of) and my favorite band is Simple Minds (they're a scottish 80s band, known more in the UK and some other parts of Europe than the US, but US folks may know them from their song from The Breakfast Club: Don't You Forget About Me).

Tythorn
29.10.2005, 23:30
sorry never heard of them my fav linkin park songs are numb encore breaking the habit and some were i belong

Reepacheep
30.10.2005, 15:36
My favourite has to be Esaul (demo version of A Place For My Head; it can be heard on the Linkin Park Frat Party at the Pankake Festival - or words to that effect - dvd) - the lyrics on that version are a lot better imo. Though I do like My December - when I used to have it on the computer and it came on random late at night, it was quite a nice relaxing tune.
Im not too keen on the Meteora songs, but they are growing on me; I do love Breaking the Habit, and the animated video is rather cool.

As for favourite bands - my All time fave is Blink 182 (for nostalgia sake - they were the band that got me headed in the direction of the music I love now), but currently my favourite is Alkaline Trio.

A few other "current" faves:

MC Lars (post-punk-laptop-rap) He's from California, and basically raps about anything from Music to Macbeth. His live shows consist of him and his laptop of samples (sampling music such as Brand New, Supergrass, NIN). He's a really nice guy too - Ive had the pleasure of meeting him several times, and he remembers me each time :)
Something For Rockets - (synthy dancy rock) All OK is currently my favourite song of the moment
Bright Eyes - accousticy angst
Bedouin Soundclash - ska-dub summery songs :)

The Sonic God
30.10.2005, 19:56
I've found that most of my basic interests in music are classical, techno/trance, or a any combination thereof (Big fan of Rob Dougan. Juno Reactor, Don Davis, Hans Zimmer, and then some.)

I've listened to other bands. Godsmack is one of them. Though at times I'd much perfer an electric guitar smashed right into my skull. XD

SpiritWolf77
31.10.2005, 00:20
Originally posted by The Sonic God
I've found that most of my basic interests in music are classical, techno/trance, or a any combination thereof (Big fan of Rob Dougan. Juno Reactor, Don Davis, Hans Zimmer, and then some.)

I've listened to other bands. Godsmack is one of them. Though at times I'd much perfer an electric guitar smashed right into my skull. XD
Rob Dougan! Excellent stuff. I'm picky when it comes to Don Davis though. Some of it is a bit too intense so I can only listen to it when I'm in the right mood.

Kala
31.10.2005, 05:12
I like Linkin Park, if I'm in the right mood. I used to be really into them when I felt all depressed and crap, but now that that's over and done with, I don't listen to them as much anymore. I wonder, does the music you listen to influence your mood, or does your mood influence what kind of music you listen to? o_O Anyway, I still listen to Linkin Park, either because I feel like drawing omg!angst! or just because some of it is pretty. I do love My December. :3

As for Good Charlotte, okay, funny story. I was a complete Backstreet Boys, *NSync, Brittney Spears listener back in the day. x__x It wasn't that I didn't like any other kind of music. I just never really bothered to find out any other bands' names, so just stuck to the uber popular ones. ANYWAYS, I borrowed my brother's GC cd during a car trip once, since I'd left my others, and I just thought it was the bee's knees. And, even though I don't really like them any more, it got me to sort of expand my musical tastes and stuff.

Green Day's cool for a punk band. And Blink 182 is always fun to listen to. I've known about them for a while (I think) because I had these two guy friends who were huge fans of them while they were still pretty underground.

As for my personal musical tastes, I don't really know. I guess I'm still sort of rooted in poppy/rocky/alternative-y stuff. And I have a love for James Taylor and the Beatles since my daddy would sing me their songs when I was little. :3 I'll seriously listen to just about anything, so long as it has something close to a beat or melody.

I've been getting really into hip hop recently. X)

Cobalt
31.10.2005, 14:25
Originaly posted by Kala
I wonder, does the music you listen to influence your mood, or does your mood influence what kind of music you listen to?

I think (for me at least) that it is a combination of both. I have a tendency to listen to what ever kind of music supports the mood I'm in, or the activity that I have engaged myself in. I have certain songs that I like irregardless of what I am doing or how I feel. (Green Day, Barenaked Ladies, Dave Matthew's Band)

If I'm in a poor mood or having "anger issues" I tend to prefer Nine Inch Nails, Korn, and Underoath.

Lebo M. Will have to be given a specil word of thanks for my writing. I've been listening to his musuc on a continous loop since I started writing.

For relaxing or just gooofng off I have a good colletion of James Taylor, Classical, U2, and aasoted other EuroTrance/ Techno music.

I also pride myself on having some rather obscure songs. One of my favorites is by a group called "At the Drive-In" I think I'm the only person who's ever heard of it. :)

Jajaro
07.11.2005, 13:59
Wow, most of the bands you guys mentioned I had never heard of before. Anyway, I enjoyed Linkin Park's songs to some extent. My favourite song from them would have to be "Faint". I just find the song to have a certain beat to it and catchy.

I don't really have a fixed musical taste. I can enjoy any form of music as long as it manages to stir my soul. However, I prefer upbeat types of songs. Nothing like it to put me in a relaxed state.

Tythorn
07.11.2005, 19:15
faint is one of my fav songs to i like the start of it the best

Reepacheep
08.11.2005, 00:23
Originally posted by Cobalt
I also pride myself on having some rather obscure songs. One of my favorites is by a group called "At the Drive-In" I think I'm the only person who's ever heard of it. :)

What ATDI song would you be referring to Cobalt?

I agree with Cobalt too with the mood thing - I will listen to certain music dependent on my mood - if Im feeling particularly loud and happy any Ska-punk pr pop punk suffices (less than jake, green day), if im angry ill go for system of a down, anti-flag, bad religion (nothing like rage-filled political hatred to get your adrenaline going), if im sad or I want to chill out ill go for bright eyes, dashboard confessional, david ford. and ANY time is Alkaline Trio time ;)
however sometimes music can amplify my mood without me really knowing - ie once during a fight with my ex boyfriend I found I was listening to dashboard confessional (accoustic melancholy songs), and it made me so upset that i had to turn it off straight away and try and pick myself up.

The Sonic God
08.11.2005, 01:30
Originally posted by SpiritWolf77
Rob Dougan! Excellent stuff. I'm picky when it comes to Don Davis though. Some of it is a bit too intense so I can only listen to it when I'm in the right mood.

Not a big Matrix fan?

Tythorn
10.11.2005, 18:48
i like the matrix but i had to watch it a few times to understand it

Cobalt
10.11.2005, 22:12
Originally posted by Reepacheep

What ATDI song would you be referring to Cobalt?

A song called "Invalid Litter Dept."
That's cool that you know whom I'm referring to

You'd have to see my sig line on some of the other forums I belong to. :)

Reepacheep
10.11.2005, 23:43
how could i not know of At The Drive In! any alternative music fan worth their salt knows them ;) I think Im more into the Mars Volta though - I have deloused.. but I dont own any ATDI albums.

Cobalt
11.11.2005, 22:27
I guess. Out here if I mention ATDI I get a funny look and a response of "Who?"

Mars Volta is not too bad, but I think between them and ATDI, I still like ATDI better.

Reepacheep
11.11.2005, 23:49
i guess- im finding more and more people less akin to my music tastes as i get out in the world as it were (so i sound like im speaking a foreign language once i get going). but i guess thats going to happen when im a big music geek *grins*.

Cobalt
12.11.2005, 05:47
Hey, there is nothing wrong with being a geek, music, computer or otherwise.

I often have said, "I'm a geek and proud of it!" :D

Tythorn
02.12.2005, 21:48
hmm i dont like to be thought of as a geek but i guess in a way i kinda am but oh well

The Sonic God
26.12.2005, 08:33
Cagain, do you have "Session" by Linkin Park?

If not, here. It's the only file of Linkin Park that I have. It's pretty good, actually.

http://www.ultimategamers.org/M4A/1-01%20Session.m4a

You WILL need iTunes or an AAC-audio player to read the file. Right-click and save the file to your computer.

red_lion
07.10.2006, 18:25
hey thats my favorite bands and black eyed peace. but i like song
In The End

Dark_lion
07.10.2006, 18:38
In the End and dont forget Numb =)

red_lion
07.10.2006, 18:40
oh jeah numb from jay z and linkin par

anything spicy
09.10.2006, 16:23
oooooh me
i luvs them

oh yeh and tythorn, your sig remindes me of HIM

Sai
18.09.2007, 17:13
i dont mind it when i was younger i loved them but now i seem to just cant stand them grew out of them i guess

AladTheAnthro
15.10.2007, 13:55
Some stuff by LP... well, to me it's hit and miss... some of the older stuff is okay, but M2M has plenty of fine moments in it's own right (and it actually sounds like they're trying to branch out a bit).

Currently tho, i'm digging In Rainbows... now that's quickly proving to be an album that's getting repeated listens at the mo' for me...

Reepacheep
15.10.2007, 20:54
Originally posted by AladTheAnthro
Currently tho, i'm digging In Rainbows... now that's quickly proving to be an album that's getting repeated listens at the mo' for me...

how much did you choose to pay for it? ;)

AladTheAnthro
17.10.2007, 04:40
Originally posted by Reepacheephow much did you choose to pay for it? ;)

Is that a trick question? X*D~

If it helps, i snagged it from here (http://my.opera.com/STEFANfromPARIS/blog/), however.

Reepacheep
17.10.2007, 09:38
ah no, im not sure if theyre doing it in america, but the band have given fans the opportunity to pay whatever they like for the album online - so you can pay as little as 1 pence or as much as you want! making a statement about todays society and all that ;)

AladTheAnthro
17.10.2007, 13:49
What a statement, though. A lot of the songs are just ace on that album. :*)~

I'm currently listening to some Huggybear right now however ("Prayer" from Taking The Rough With The Smooch).

Saber Tooth Leopardess816
29.08.2008, 22:09
I Like Linkin Park, I Have Several Of Thier CD's. So I've No Complaints!