PDA

View Full Version : Want to chat?

anything spicy
17.04.2006, 09:59
does anyone want to chat? I've got to go back to school to-morrow and somehow figure out if I have food Tech on thursday, then buy all the ingredients, finish my science homework AND make a sculpture out of discarded forms.

The Sonic God
18.04.2006, 03:19
Isn't that what this place is for?

Are you asking for people's IM handles? They're usually available in their profiles in the Member List/Mitgliederliste. If you want to chat with someone in particular, leave them a PM asking if they want to be on IM with you.

anything spicy
18.04.2006, 16:22
No, im just really, really bord.
My Lessons today:
(in order)
English
Geography
Music
French
English

Today is the worst day ever *slumps on keybord*

anything spicy
18.04.2006, 18:06
I have a confession to make. Well loads.
1. I am probably too young for this site (i'm only 12)
2. Nobody in the school I go to likes me
3.I feal depressed, but I have to cover it up so people don't think i'm too strange (even though it won't make any difference)
4. My friends don't like me
5. This site is my only source of people I can talk to freely
In conclusion, I might never go back here again. I'm just gonna lie in bed and waste away. I need a friend.

Goodbye
Katy

Albus
18.04.2006, 19:39
There are no age restrictions on this site. After all, many of us when we first saw TLK were 8-9 years of age. Maybe younger. Don't let that worry you.

It is very important to talk when you are depressed, I canít stress that enough, donít bottle it up. Talk to someone about it, anyone who will listen. Me if you like (my addresses can be found in my profile), I will listen to anything you want to talk about. Anything. At the moment Iím on most days, almost all day. If not me, then someone. There are people here who will talk with you. Donít suffer alone.

windrose
18.04.2006, 20:08
* I don't think you are too young for this site.

* I hope you do continue to come back. I don't know you nearly as well as I'd like to -- and I'd like to rectify that if you don't mind. :)

* I realize this is going to make me sound like "the older generation" (which in all honesty I am) but the teen years can be difficult ones and depression is not uncommon -- but you don't have to deal with it alone. You do have support here -- all you have to do is reach out for it. :)

* No worries about being strange. Being normal is boring anyway... and completely overrated. :P

Cobalt
19.04.2006, 08:25
I know I'm rehashing what everyone else has already said, but just so you know we're here for you.

I would defiinatly say you are not too young for this place. As Albus said, most of us were about your age or younger when the movies first came out, so that's nothing to worry about.

I understand what is like to not be popular in school. I out up with many years of that, and I know it can be difficult beyond words to go through that.

As for being "strange," don't buy in to that. "Normal" is a setting on a washing machine, and nothing else.Everyone has their own qwirks and oddities to them. It's what makes us people, and is what keeps life interesting. I'm a terrible hypocrite for telling you thins, but never let anyone push you around for being who you are. Personal happiness can be hard to come by theses days, and in the end all that really matters is that *you* are satisfied with yourself.

I hope that you continue to come here. We enjoy having people here, and I'd be sorry to see you go before we could get to know you.

If you want to talk privatly, I'm around on MSN an awful lot, and always willing to listen or offer advice if you wish it.

Best of luck with everything. We're here fo you.

-Cobalt-
MSN: Cobalt_027@hotmail.com

anything spicy
19.04.2006, 15:41
Oh yeah, I've done my art homework.(made out of an old sock, a nail varnish remove pot, a cats head from a magazeen and cotton wool) As for tech, its not on this week. Thanks for the advice, this isn't the first time.I just find it hard to talk to people about it.

The Sonic God
19.04.2006, 17:39
Originally posted by anything_spicy
No, im just really, really bord.
My Lessons today:
(in order)
English
Geography
Music
French
English

Today is the worst day ever *slumps on keybord*

You take English twice? Good grief. And French? Je suis no FranÁais. @_X

You've got it tough, but, take notes and lots of them. It'll help in the long run. Trust me.

anything spicy
20.04.2006, 18:49
French is ok. I like french. As for english, well they couldn't find any other slots in our timetable so they stuck it there.
I've decided thursdays worse. I have:
Science(ok)
Tech(dull, we hardly cook at all)
Maths(arrrgh)
History (As interesting as waching paint dry)
Geography( 'now everybody, whats Longitude and Latitude..'..need I say more?)

The Sonic God
20.04.2006, 19:10
Geography is actually more important than you think. Especially if you want to work in Government jobs or become a Pilot.

History, well, learn from past mistakes, that's all I can make of it.

Mathematics (Math for short, no S) is simply required for daily life. Sorry, but this is true.

Science is cool. Just wait when you get to do chemical experiments. :)

Tech... are you taking some sort of Culinary Arts course?

Albus
20.04.2006, 19:16
Originally posted by The Sonic God
Mathematics (Math for short, no S) is simply required for daily life. Sorry, but this is true.

In the UK it is "Maths" with an "s", SG ;)

And yeah... I hate it too; it's so boring. :(

Reepacheep
20.04.2006, 19:17
Originally posted by The Sonic God
Tech... are you taking some sort of Culinary Arts course?

We used to call cooking classes Food Technology. I wouldnt exactly call putting cheese and tomato on a bit of bread (aka pizza) a technology, but there you go ;)

The Sonic God
20.04.2006, 19:48
I don't mind spelling colour with a u, but "Maths" doesn't sound right vocally to me. Ah well.

Food Technology? Hmm. Translated to "American Lingo" it would be known as "The Science of Food and Nutrition."

I'm not one to argue with a Brit on the English language aspect, though, considering the fact that it is your country that invented the English language. Americans just utilized it... and then butchered it. lol

Just don't teach the kids Cockney in English class and all is well. ;)

Reepacheep
20.04.2006, 21:19
id dispair myself if they taught cockney!!

The Sonic God
26.04.2006, 22:52
Why don't they just call it "Culinary Arts?"

Reepacheep
26.04.2006, 22:53
'cause thats too poncey ;). whats wrong with just saying cookery!

Levin
04.05.2006, 00:22
Hey I know a great place to chat (and its a TLK chat room) www.promontorypoint.cjb.net. Hope to see you there!

Kihari
04.05.2006, 00:23
Whatever happened to "Home Economics"?

Oh, and there you are, Jon ;)