PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision Song contest

anything spicy
21.05.2006, 10:22
did anyone wach the Eurovision song contest? I didn't think it was as good as last years but these ones were my favourites:
Latvia, Lithuania and Finland. Im so glad Finland wone! they were really good.

This Is Lordi, the Finland band. (http://www.tartareandesire.com/bands/images/lordi.jpg)

Alex Kile
21.05.2006, 11:46
I wander if they looked in the mirror lately.

anything spicy
21.05.2006, 12:49
I know, I think there quite scary.

nathalie
21.05.2006, 16:50
Lithuania where those 5 men right? (we gonna win the Eurosong contest).

Yeah, I had a good laugh with that song, but to actually made it to the finals 8o No thanks ...

I think Finland deserved to win, maybe the act was unusual, but it was something else then all those "drum" sounds and ABBA sounds.

And good thing that Lordi just wear masks, and don't really look like that ^_^ :P

anything spicy
21.05.2006, 16:53
I'd be really scared if they really looked like that! My least favourite was Germany and France, they did really bad this year.

The Sonic God
27.05.2006, 00:06
Lordi's music was certainly interesting... as I was surprised to hear English music (this was the first I've heard of Eurovision.) Someone told me that they disliked Spain's choice of music.

@ anything_spicy: What did you dislike about Germany and France's music?

nathalie
27.05.2006, 05:09
They changed that rule about a few years ago.
Since then you don't have to sing in your native language anymore, so most country's started to sing in English.

The Sonic God
27.05.2006, 06:28
Well, since English is spoken in 2/3 of the world now, I guess it only makes sense.

Hrm, the BBC World News usually reports it... found it on the website. I missed the broadcast.

Reepacheep
29.05.2006, 00:02
LORDI FTW XD

I watched it, for the first time in years, purely to see Lordi. I did like lithuanias rather optimistic song, but 99% of the songs ae dire. as they always are. Eurovision is like career suicide! no wonder they never have decent acts.

The Sonic God
29.05.2006, 02:44
Perhaps they need inspiration from the UK and the US?

Reepacheep
29.05.2006, 10:11
Originally posted by The Sonic God

Inspiration from the UK? did you HEAR our entry???

http://www.eurovision.tv/english/601.htm

it was AWFUL. it deserved to lose!!!!! no one decent ever enters, because is not the done thing. 10+ years ago eurovision was, dare i say, a little cooler than its percieved today - now these days the entries are nobodies whom you never hear of again!

anything spicy
29.05.2006, 19:07
Germany sung a really bad western-style song, France sung off key.

red_lion
15.10.2006, 17:50
Originally posted by Reepacheep

Originally posted by The Sonic God

Inspiration from the UK? did you HEAR our entry???

http://www.eurovision.tv/english/601.htm

it was AWFUL. it deserved to lose!!!!! no one decent ever enters, because is not the done thing. 10+ years ago eurovision was, dare i say, a little cooler than its percieved today - now these days the entries are nobodies whom you never hear of again!

yeah song from UK was for children babys. but bosnia and herzegovina was 3th its realy goooooooodd??or not. its realy good song!!!??? ???
??????:):):):) now i cant remeber me all that songs, i know only UK AND BOSNIA!!!

The Sonic God
15.10.2006, 18:06
I've heard a lot of Finnish music and their stuff is just downright incredible. Ruoska has to be the most impressive Finnish band, IMHO.

I've not heard of Lordi beyond EV.

Reepacheep
15.10.2006, 19:26
you never heard of the entrants after eurovision.. they all go into hiding as they reaise what the heck they just did ;)

Dark_lion
15.10.2006, 20:11
Originally posted by Reepacheep
you never heard of the entrants after eurovision.. they all go into hiding as they reaise what the heck they just did ;)

Hehehehe gooo reepachep :P

miss_lizzy
27.10.2006, 15:27
Well, some of the songs from the ESC are actually quite good, while other sucks!! Personally, this year I liked Finland, Denmark, Ukraine and Poland, for instance. It's a shame that Poland didn't make it to the final, their song were really cool, and you just have to love Michal Wisniewski's (the singer's) beautiful voice and crazy hair!!:P Even though I liked it better red-coloured...
Anyway, our Swedish participant, Carola....Weeelll, what to say?? Don't really like that song, there were so many other songs that was way better in the Swedish contest...She only won because she's so famous in Sweden...*sigh*

The Sonic God
29.10.2006, 03:43
Sweden as a country is certainly impressive, but I've not had the pleasure of listening to their music. @_X