PDA

View Full Version : favorite animal

simbarocks185
13.07.2006, 03:43
what is your favorite animal?? Mine is a cheetah! :-)

Reepacheep
13.07.2006, 12:47
Mine's a cow! ^^ no lie!

http://photo-origin.tickle.com/image/124/7/0/RL/124706740RL789655480.jpg

moo!

Kyratwl
13.07.2006, 15:26
My favorite animal is the lion. Right now my Buick has several big cats in it but they used to all be lions..My malibu also has about 8 lions on the dashboard of it....and my livingroom is full of em! My bedroom is lion king themed and I have TONS of stuffed animals from the movie!

Blue
13.07.2006, 15:56
My favorite animal is the wolf, jackal, lion and fox ^^

The Sonic God
13.07.2006, 19:57
My favourite animal by far is the lion. But I'm also quite partial to tigers and cheetahs. Just something about big cats in general. Beauty, strength, grace, stealthiness, powerful... all in one package.

anything spicy
13.07.2006, 20:16
Originally posted by Reepacheep
Mine's a cow! ^^ no lie!

[

moo!

Ha-ha! so's mine! I collect cow beanies and I have a nick-name to go with it that I will never, EVER tell anyone.

Reepacheep
13.07.2006, 23:13
awesome!!! cow lovers unite!

i have a friesian-cow pattern painted on my bedroom walls ^^ loads of cow plushies and just spent the weekend in scotland trying to spot cows from the cow parade ( http://www.cowparade-edinburgh.co.uk ) :)

Cobalt
13.07.2006, 23:19
Nice pic Reep. :)

Mine is, of course the lion. I'm also pretty partial to Cheetahs as well.

The Sonic God
14.07.2006, 04:46
Cows serve two purposes:

- Milk
- Burger King

^^

Alex Kile
14.07.2006, 12:29
LOL Sonic but you forgot Leather.

Mine has to be a lion I have one sitting on the dashbord of my hilux. but I also like Dolphins.

anything spicy
14.07.2006, 21:07

i have a friesian-cow pattern painted on my bedroom walls ^^ loads of cow plushies and just spent the weekend in scotland trying to spot cows from the cow parade ( http://www.cowparade-edinburgh.co.uk ) :)

I also collect the withit mad cow stuff
with the same cow desighn as below
http://www.foneplanet.com/images/other/mad%20cow%20gift%20pack.jpg

anything spicy
14.07.2006, 21:13
Have you seen the music vidio cows with guns?
Its a funny music vidio which chorus I cant get out of my head.
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/cowswithguns.php

Reepacheep
14.07.2006, 22:11
aah yeah the withit stuff is cute :)

ive seen that vid before ^^

Alex Kile
15.07.2006, 00:30
my cusson plays that song all the time.

anything spicy
15.07.2006, 10:42
Originally posted by Alex Kile
my cusson plays that song all the time.

I SING that song all the time

The Sonic God
15.07.2006, 17:25
Originally posted by Alex Kile
LOL Sonic but you forgot Leather.

Mine has to be a lion I have one sitting on the dashbord of my hilux. but I also like Dolphins.

Oh yeah. Something to add on top of my fur in the winter to stay warm.

Any other favourite animals that aren't considered food?

Cobalt
15.07.2006, 21:56
Raccoons are pretty cool. I've worked with those before. Might be doing it again in the very near future.

Then again, depending on what part of the country you're from it could be placed to debate as to weather or not they're food.

Reepacheep
16.07.2006, 11:22
Originally posted by The Sonic God

And what is wrong with having a favourite animal which is considered to be a food product in most countries? you make it sound like it is not a valid answer.

anything spicy
16.07.2006, 14:14
Without cows we wouldn't have milk, cheese, yoghurt or cream. (well any nice tasting yoghurt, cream, milk or cheese)
Without cows we wouldn't have cowboys and without cowboys we wouldn't have any great western films.

Kyratwl
17.07.2006, 01:27
I dont feel so bad, Alex....I have about 5 on my Buick's dashboard and I dont even know how many in the back! and I think I have like 6 or 7 of them in my Malibu *laughs

Mafriki
17.07.2006, 09:25
Fox! (don't stereotype me cuz I said fox :()

Though past that I have a general happiness toward all felines :lol:

The Sonic God
17.07.2006, 19:06

And what is wrong with having a favourite animal which is considered to be a food product in most countries? you make it sound like it is not a valid answer.

I never said there was anything wrong... anyone eat lion meat recently? O_o

I do know that there are some countries in this world who eat cats. As to why they eat cats and not cows is beyond me. @_X

Alex Kile
18.07.2006, 01:06
the reason he is there is when some one asks what he is doing there I answer the lion is my car-pet.

Cobalt
18.07.2006, 17:50

I never said there was anything wrong... anyone eat lion meat recently? O_o
[/quote]

No, can't say that I've run across that at the local McDonalds in recent days. I did have alligator the other day at a resturaunt. That was pretty good.

anything spicy
18.07.2006, 18:06
The most exotic thing I've eaten is osterich, snails and rabbit. Not very exciting

Fiona
18.07.2006, 18:37
My favorite animal is:
a cat
a lion
a wolf(i hope it's the right word in English because i'm not an native speaker I only speak school english!)
a horse

Kirauni
18.07.2006, 19:24
Fiona, it's "wolf" ;)

Actually, my favourit animals are wolves, too. But I also like lions and generally all kinds of canines or felines.

Fiona
19.07.2006, 13:41
@Kirauni:Thank you!^^

Kirauni
19.07.2006, 16:10
You are welcome, Fiona.
In case you've got some questions regarding English, just come to the "Learner's Corner (http://www.pride-lands.eu/wbb2/board.php?boardid=370)". You are likely to get some answers there :)

Concering the topic there is one more thing. I wondered why there were so many wolf-fans or even lion.fans out there. I mean in the Furry Fandom you these are somehow the "mainstream" animals. Do you have any suggestion why this might be the case? Any theories?
I wondered because animals like cows or even rabbits can be cute, too. So why are the wolves and lions getting all the attention?
I surely asked myself this question, but I honestly don't know. I somehow feel more related to felines and canines that to cows or rabbits, for example.
No offence. It just came to my mind and I am glad to meet people who like other animals than I do. ^^

Pass-the-spoon
19.07.2006, 21:43
I would have to say my favorite animal would be the white siberian tiger but I'm also partial to the ring-tailed lemur.

Albus
20.07.2006, 11:50
Well I do like cats and foxes, but do I really need to tell you which animal is my number one favourite?

Fiona
20.07.2006, 15:32
I think wolves have something that makes them powerful and respectful!
@Kirauni:You must tell me more about the corner because of some things at this side I'm a little bit confused!

The Sonic God
21.07.2006, 05:07
Wuffies get so much attention these days, I find wolves, dogs, foxes, canines of all kinds all over the place. They seem to be almost everyone's favourite animal. I even live where wolves call home.

Still... my favourite animal is a big cat which I haven't come into close contact with in over 2 years.

@ Fiona: I'm jealous of the fact that your English is really quite good.

Cobalt
21.07.2006, 14:22
Originally posted by Kirauni

Concering the topic there is one more thing. I wondered why there were so many wolf-fans or even lion.fans out there. I mean in the Furry Fandom you these are somehow the "mainstream" animals. Do you have any suggestion why this might be the case? Any theories?
I wondered because animals like cows or even rabbits can be cute, too. So why are the wolves and lions getting all the attention?
I surely asked myself this question, but I honestly don't know. I somehow feel more related to felines and canines that to cows or rabbits, for example.
No offence. It just came to my mind and I am glad to meet people who like other animals than I do. ^^

One of my Furry BB's was holding a thread concerning this. I think the best conclusiuon that people came up with after about a week was that when people choose a fursona/favorite animal, there is a tendency to gravitate towards exotics or animals that one does not see in everyday life.

"I.E. If your going to play, play big or go home."-a coworker of mine

Now, that put aside, I've seen a lot of people who identify with certain species of domestic dogs (the Collie seems to be very popular.) as well as some unusual varients of other species. The oddest one I think I've come acorss was a Platyapus.

The Sonic God
22.07.2006, 00:55
The most unique creatures I've come across in the fandom are sharks, octopuses, sphinxes, and gryphons.

But many children grow up learning about the animal "pecking order:"

Dog - Cat - Mouse

So, naturally, a fursona is going to expand from this as the child grows up over time. A wolf is a canine, thus part of the dog family. A lion is a feline, thus part of the cat family. A rat is a rodent, thus part of the mouse family. See where this is going?

Wolves and Lions are very popular, yes, but keep looking, you'll see more than just wolves and lions.

Alex Kile
22.07.2006, 15:08
I also have a theory about the lion side of the fandom. I think the lion king has a lot to do with the lions around.

Also the other theory I had is to do with the choice of animal and society's view of the animal in question.

The following view is my interpretation of the qualities that the individual animals possess.

Lion's- Strength, Honour, Gentleness and Dignity

Wolfs- A free spirit that is not bound by anything, Can always be counted on, when the chips are down.

Dolphins- Jokers and always up to mischief.

Reepacheep
22.07.2006, 15:50
definitely the larger more powerful animals will be chosen first - it sounds more appealing than a worm or something of equal lowliness.

Kirauni
22.07.2006, 21:29
Thank you for your answers and theories. They really sound convincing. Still there is one question left, if you don't mind.
What exactly is a "Platyapus" ?

Albus
22.07.2006, 22:24
A Platypus (http://muweb.millersville.edu/~edfound/intered/pics/plat.jpg) is a rather strange Australian aquatic animal, Kirauni. I don't know much about them, myself...

Alex Kile
23.07.2006, 00:08
A Platypus is an egg laying mammal that lives in streams like a bever does.( but they don't build dams.)

Platypui are shy and timmard but the males have a venomous spur on their back legs

The Sonic God
23.07.2006, 04:25
I have reason to believe that a platypus was built from the scrap that mother nature left over when creating the other animals. ^^

Kirauni
23.07.2006, 11:10
All right.. thanks for the answer. I would have never guessed that one. In German it's "Schnabeltier" meaning "bill-animal" or rather "beak-animal".
Very intersting... but no wonder I didn't know. I'll try to keep that in mind though ^^

The Sonic God
24.07.2006, 23:10
Any animals indigenous to only your part of the world that you favour?

anything spicy
25.07.2006, 13:51
Hhmm, what is a platypus exactly? It lays eggs but it feeds its young milk?

Cobalt
25.07.2006, 20:17
Spicy- It's actualy a mammal,just one of those little oddities of the animal world. (That duck bill notwithstanding)

The Sonic God
27.07.2006, 18:05
Remember that Wikipædia is your friend:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platypus

red_lion
15.08.2006, 11:44
i realy like lions and dogs

and some litlle cats. but i dont like wolfs.

Kaia
15.08.2006, 11:49
My favourite animals are:
Most kinds of canides (like wolfes, dogs, wild dogs etc.)
Lions
Dragons (It's a kind of animal^^)
and a lot of birds (for example budgees, owls...)

red_lion
15.08.2006, 11:56
yeah yeah i forget to say i like also birds piupiupiu. like they sing

Dark_lion
15.08.2006, 12:47
he he he Dino =)

My favourite Animals are lions and dolphins

Meerkat
15.08.2006, 14:51
My first favourite animal are meerkats! =)
Second are cats and thirst dogs (german: Schäferhunde) :)

natalicat
15.08.2006, 15:59
Originally posted by Meerkat
My first favourite animal are meerkats! =)
Second are cats and thirst dogs (german: Schäferhunde) :)
That's interesting and non-standard :) So what was the reason that made you like meerkats? Was it Timon from Lion King or...?

all cats
horses
I've just always liked cats because It's
Just something about big cats in general. Beauty, strength, grace, stealthiness, powerful... all in one package.
And the horses...The grace, the beauty, the spirit of the wild... :)

Meerkat
15.08.2006, 21:27
That's interesting and non-standard :) So what was the reason that made you like meerkats? Was it Timon from Lion King or...?

Hm. I think it´s Timon and his cuteness. :) The real meerkats are really cute too =)

The Sonic God
17.08.2006, 07:40
Originally posted by Meerkat

Hm. I think it´s Timon and his cuteness. :) The real meerkats are really cute too =)

I do get a kick out of those little fluffballs. Did you know that meerkats are part of the mongoose family?

anything spicy
30.08.2006, 10:32
yeah I knew that! it was on thoselionking yoghurts a while back, lol

Pride lion
18.11.2006, 01:49
My 3 favorites would be cows, tigers, and dragoons.... Heaven forbid I should come across any combination of the 3...

_Simba
20.11.2006, 06:55
lions
wolves
dogs

miss_lizzy
21.11.2006, 21:24

Are you talking about those long-haired highland cattle? Cuz I just love those cows!! So cute! I was in Scotland a couple of months ago, and when you're there, you can't help but falling in love with these adorable creatures<3<3

My favourite animal, hmm... I love a lot of animals, but my favourite should be the anteater=) Don't know exactly why, but I guess there's just something about their looong noses and big, fluffy tails I like... (LOL, I know I HAVE a weird taste:P)

White Lion
21.11.2006, 22:46
My favorite animal is the Lion, I have a lion licensplate on my truck along with a few plushys on the dash board ^.^ My second favorite is snow leopards.

tawnylioness
24.11.2006, 20:06
My fav animal is the lion, next is the lynx, then close to that, is
the polar bear. ;)

Cobalt
25.11.2006, 22:57
Mmmm. Lynxs...The animal sanctuary where I work at has a sub-varient of the Canadian Lynx called a Northern Lynx. Very beautiful animals.

Taz the Lynx<-----Click me (http://pics.livejournal.com/cobalt317/pic/000077q9/g2)

The Sonic God
12.12.2006, 23:39
What a dream to be able to get that close to a lynx! I agree with you — very beautiful.

Cova_Lioness
13.12.2006, 15:56
Siberian Tigers in my opinion are so gracefull =) especially white ones

Dripik
02.01.2007, 16:35
My fav animals are Lions and tigers:D

Adetokunbo
28.01.2007, 04:29
Siberian tiger, first and foremost, followed by the golden eagle and the king cobra.

The Sonic God
30.01.2007, 22:48
What a span of species... none of which related, but all of which very well known, and all powerful. ;)

Adetokunbo
30.01.2007, 23:16
What a span of species... none of which related, but all of which very well known, and all powerful. ;)

Aye, I'm a bit of a wildlife geek.

Albus
02.02.2007, 00:58
Well there's nothing wrong with that. I think you'll find that most of us here are wildlife geeks. :P

Adetokunbo
02.02.2007, 01:24
Well then, only thing missin' is a Midnight Buffet. 8)

The Sonic God
02.02.2007, 07:05
Yeah, don't forget the Mountain Dew MDX. lol