PDA

View Full Version : I need help since im confused with the X shipping of disney

Jackson117
05.01.2009, 11:33
Now somewhere i heard that simba and nala are blood linked

since it said sarfina and sarbi are sisters.

i also heard bambi and faline are cousins.

can someone clear this up for me since im confused

Lucy
05.01.2009, 13:41
I don't think that Sarabi and Sarafina are blood-related, it's just a popular theory due the unknown and mysterious family tree of TLK characters.

On the other hand, I really doubt that Disney would allow a incest pairing in their own universe. ^^

Reepacheep
05.01.2009, 14:30
In a REAL lion pride, there would usually only be one male to one pride, and he would mate with all the females to produce offspring. They rely on the male cubs of the pride leaving when reaching maturity and eventually the male of the pride being taken over by another male of a hopefully different bloodline to avoid incest. Obviously there are exceptions, as with most things in nature.

Now, if this is applied to the TLK universe, we assume that simba and nala were born at roughly the same time, and this would, if normal lion behaviour is applied, mean that we assume simba and nala were both fathered by Mufasa, the current leader of the pride. This is where the confusion may arise.

However, it being Disney (and obviously trying to avoide the whole incest thing) and not real, we are left not knowing who Nala's father is, which can lead to all sorts of theories (is is Mufasa/Scar/Some random). None of which are proven.

In short: we do not know who Nala's father is therefore have no idea if they are related. We assume they are not for the sake of good morale :)

josh_down
05.01.2009, 14:51
like reepacheep said, in wild lion prides all females are related. but i think that the mesh of family trees that come as a result go way way beyond what i'm cognatively competant at understanding XD...

but in a real pride simba wouldv'e been outcast when he got to maturity... so we can't take that as real in disney... but never mind XD

Lone Lion
05.01.2009, 16:06
The Lion King was a movie about animals acting like people .. maybe they took many realistic lion facts for the movie but the one about relation inside a pride they left out . Disney will never go that far ... it were the fans who started all those questions . All we need to know is what was presented in the movie , everything else is to be simply ignored .. :)

The Sonic God
05.01.2009, 19:07
Some people take the movie far too seriously... like myself.

Check out my story, http://www.lionking.org/~lotp

It's old and full of grammatical errors, but it's an idea of what happened.

Jackson117
05.01.2009, 23:30
well at least simba and nala are incest.

but bambi X faline it depends seeming it said something in the books unless books are sily :)

but anyway i would still support the couple anyway (as long as they aren't brother and sister)

i mean look at stitch X angel

and incest is ok in the animal world

Lucy
06.01.2009, 00:43
Original von Jackson117

Official source or proof, otherwise it didn't happen :D

Lone Lion
06.01.2009, 01:41
It did not ... even producers never decided to answer that , they just listed some possibilities and left it on that , so all that people can get are just fan-facts and fictions ....... Just as Lucy said : official source or proof, otherwise it didn't happen .. =)

josh_down
06.01.2009, 02:30
hehe... who cares what the reality is? just make up your own! it;s more fun that way!

Jackson117
06.01.2009, 10:32
Originally posted by Lucy

Original von Jackson117

Official source or proof, otherwise it didn't happen :D

I didn;t mean it like that i ment in

ARE NOT incest.

But im sure Bambi X faline is and Stich X angel

Kirauni
06.01.2009, 13:50
Jackson... where did you hear/read that Nala and Sarafina were sisters? Because I never thought of it that way. As some of you said, it's normal for lionesses to be blood-related in a "real" pride, but hay: It's a children's movie.
That's probably why Disney decided that Kovu is not Scar's son. Only an adopted cub. I don't know, but if Scar was Kovus realy father would that make Kovu and Kiara cousins?

Reepacheep
06.01.2009, 14:47
Originally posted by Jackson117

Not really. it reduces the available gene pool of a small area dramatically and can lead to mutations of genes which produce non-viable offspring.

In other words, the kids will eventually come out a bit strange.

Lucy
06.01.2009, 15:15
Original von Reepacheep

...like Nuka? I'm a fan of the theory that he's the offspring of Scar and Zira, who are somehow family-related...

s-tlk
06.01.2009, 18:03
Mh well, that's a questions, that has been discussed since the beginning of the Lion King community. Some possibilities are listed here: http://lionking.org/faq.html#father
And afair we have more than one thread about Nala's Father. But regardless what you have heard, there are no official statement about this, except of there are not blood linked, of course. ;)

Reepacheep
06.01.2009, 19:27

Original von Reepacheep

...like Nuka? I'm a fan of the theory that he's the offspring of Scar and Zira, who are somehow family-related...

kind of i guess :) he's cerainly no prime lion specimen!

Lucy
06.01.2009, 19:49
Original von Reepacheep

Original von Reepacheep

kind of i guess :) he's cerainly no prime lion specimen!

It's actually still a mystery for me: What's now the deal with Nuka and Vitani? Are they actually indeed Scars children or just a another random plothole in SP?

s-tlk
06.01.2009, 20:15
No they are Scars and Ziras children. It was more or less clear said in the movie and it is a common beliefe.

Reepacheep
07.01.2009, 14:15
Yeah, it's only Kovu's father who is yet another mystery

josh_down
07.01.2009, 18:04
i thought that it was written that nuka was the spawn of zira and scar? i mean... he has the beard! lol

nuka rocks by the way lol

Jackson117
08.01.2009, 08:31
i also just think tojo is kovu's father